Smoking

Cosmic Joe

• 2 years later...
Interesting when there are dubious research papers pertaining the use of these devices.
Still I guess its safer than the 6000 chemicals in cigarettes.  
One step at a time and all that.
Absolutely.

Should be banned outright really.

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

As a smoker trying to stop ( replacing every other roll up with nicorette ). I will simply ignore that video like every other smoker I know. Most smokers just play dumb to the dangers of smoking, me included. In fact I'm committed to stoping smoking for financial reasons more so than health reasons

as an "on/off" smoker (have quit once a year for about 4 months for the last 3 years and will puff to my hearts content when boozing) I find it very unattractive in a female. Yes it makes me a hypocrite. No, I dont care.

7 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

As a smoker trying to stop ( replacing every other roll up with nicorette ). I will simply ignore that video like every other smoker I know. Most smokers just play dumb to the dangers of smoking, me included. In fact I'm committed to stoping smoking for financial reasons more so than health reasons

Even since they plastered in the front of the boxes?

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Even since they plastered in the front of the boxes?

As a now ex smoker(although that probably won't last). These became easy to ignore, especially if you don't look at the box, also I took the view I'm young it's a problem for later.

38 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

as an "on/off" smoker (have quit once a year for about 4 months for the last 3 years and will puff to my hearts content when boozing) I find it very unattractive in a female. Yes it makes me a hypocrite. No, I dont care.

If it's any consolation, the feeling is probably mutual. 

7 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

"It'll no happen to me". Been in enough colleague/social groups smoking to get the impression that its the gist of things

6 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

As a now ex smoker(although that probably won't last). These became easy to ignore, especially if you don't look at the box, also I took the view I'm young it's a problem for later.

Fair enough seems to be both of your experience. Best of luck Turkmenbashi.

14 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Have you tried reading or listening to this? Pretty high success rate and no willpower involved. May be some witchcraft and hypnosis but no willpower. You don’t even have to want to stop smoking. It just seems to flick a switch in your brain. 

68E03A72-A603-42C3-9A6B-1AA2A717ED6F.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Have you tried reading or listening to this? Pretty high success rate and no willpower involved. May be some witchcraft and hypnosis but no willpower. You don’t even have to want to stop smoking. It just seems to flick a switch in your brain. 

68E03A72-A603-42C3-9A6B-1AA2A717ED6F.jpeg

I'm going to take the books advice and not stop until I've read it. Whenever that may be.

I read a few years back that if you smoke, people will view you as having less intelligence.

I thought that seemed a bit far-fetched but as a non-smoker myself, I do find guys that smoke much less attractive to me and I realised that fair or not, I think they look less intelligent whilst smoking and that might be part of the reason for not finding them attractive. 

8 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

"It'll no happen to me". Been in enough colleague/social groups smoking to get the impression that its the gist of things

Well it happened to me - I would strongly advise any smoker to stop and anyone contemplating starting not to.

I know smoking seems a ridiculous thing to do for those who have never done it. But the psychology of the addiction is very powerful. Keith Richard's says it is easier to give up heroin. And he would know.

I gave up 20 years ago but the urge for a fag with a drink is still there. I don't think it will ever go away.

So, kids, don't ever start. Ever.

I did a lot of daft shit as a youngster but that was the worst.