Your Gig of the Year

Ira Gaines

Favourite for me was probably The View at Montrose town hall. Stone Roses was probably the least enjoyable for me, but mainly because I ended up ill the day before, and struggled to get into it as much as I normally would.

Only went to 2 gigs this year, Busted (part of the mrs christmas) got to see Wheatus though which was cool. And Biffy at bellahouston which was class to be fair. Fall out boy were also decent.

Next year will be a difficult pick from Aerosmith, Kiss, Maiden, Stone roses and Disturbed/avenged sevenfold

I made a list of every gig I've been to this year in order. Got a couple more to go to before the year's out, but my top 10 is:

1. Bruce Springsteen, Hampden Park

2. Tame Impala, Manchester Arena

3. Joe Purdy, King Tuts

4. Travis, ABC

5. The Cure/The Twilight Sad, Laszlo Papp Arena, Budapest

6. Gary Numan, ABC

7. Sturgill Simpson, ABC

8. The Lone Bellow, Oran Mor

9. The Stray Birds, CCA

10. Arab Strap, Barrowlands

1 - Neil Young - Hydro

2 - Muse - Hydro

3 - Dan Deacon - Summerhall

4 - Kamasi Washington - QMU

5 - Fat White Family - The Garage

6 - Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs - Doune The Rabbit Hole

7 - The Dandy Warhols - The Art School 

8 - Grimes - ABC

9 - Fatima Yamaha - Sub Club

10 - Rodriguez Jr - La Belle Angele

Architects at the O2 ABC last month.  It was sold out, the crowd were really up for it and the set list was just one amazing song after another.  It was particularly emotional as one of the band members, Tom Searle died earlier in the year following a battle with cancer and this was their first UK tour dates since then.

17 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Architects at the O2 ABC last month.  It was sold out, the crowd were really up for it and the set list was just one amazing song after another.  It was particularly emotional as one of the band members, Tom Searle died earlier in the year following a battle with cancer and this was their first UK tour dates since then.

Was just about to post this. Architects at ABC was hands down my gig of the year. Just wow. My bird was in Vegas at the time and Architects are her favourite band. It took about a week once she was back to admit i was lying when i said the gig was 'just alright' :lol: Crowdsurfing to Downfall (my favourite off the new album) is something that will stay with me a long time. 

Close second would be Parkway Drive at o2 Academy at beginning of the year, what a gig. Gutted they arent doing Scotland next year, but i got pished and bought tickets to the Rock City gig. Didnt even remember till they came in the door, that was a nice surprise!

Archived