The Sons v The Bairns 17/12/16

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hoping for another 5 goal win just like the last trip.

Don't think the changes will be wholesale mind you, Taiwo and Grant coming in and possible millar getting a rest for mchugh or shepherd(please no).

Rogers

Muirhead McCracken grant Gallagher

Taiwo Kerr sidds hyppo

McHugh baird

Would be my guess

Falkirk team talk; blah, blah, blah...

For us this will be the first home game since the cup loss to bonnyrigg and a chance against one of the leagues mid sized teams to atone for that.

Usual starting eleven, usual bench.

Sons to win 2-1; robbie t with a worldy, gaz with a pen and barr header.

I'd agree with that team apart from
Gallacher. Leahy hasn't been poor enough to be dropped.

I am a fan of Leahy but I detect a real appetite to get Gallagher in the side. What I have seen of him has been very very good

If Leahy is out of contact in the summer then it'd be good to give Gallagher the chance to impress. Anyone else in the under 20s that could make the step up?

Peggie would have the best chance for me. Not a huge fan of Blues granted I have not seen a huge amount of him.

From the limited amount of time I've seen him Leahy's distribution has been absolutely woeful at times, just lumping aimless balls straight up the park the majority of the time. I like him at full back and he's getting better defensively but it's like a man down attacking at times. Provided Gallacher can complete two passes it would be an improvement from an attacking point of view, which from what I've seen he is more than capable of.

If I was Houston I'd probably drop Luca/McCracken, Craigen and Hippolyte for Grant, Taiwo and Henderson. Although it's unlikely Henderson will come in.

Don't reckon there's much difference between which CB is dropped and you could argue the positive/negatives for both. With Craigen and Hippolyte I don't think either is a bad player, but you lose all structure and balance with a winger playing one side and No.10 the other. On limited viewing of the U20s Henderson looks like a left-sided version of Taiwo and the two of them would give a better balance imo.

Wouldn't be against Gallagher coming in and if Shepherd is going to get a game I'd rather it was upfront than out wide.

I am a fan of Leahy but I detect a real appetite to get Gallagher in the side. What I have seen of him has been very very good

Houstons not one for taking risks, I can't see him starting away to Dumbarton. Possible if it was at home but can't see it in this fixture.

Archived