The Sons v The Bairns 17/12/16

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

I'd be looking at a starting line-up akin to.

Rogers

Leahy
Grant
Gasparotto
McCracken
Kidd

Taiwo
Rankin
Sibbald

Hippolyte
Baird/McHugh

There is no way rankin can start after his last performance ...expect to see him gone in January if of course he's the "honest pro who just wants to play" type

42 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

I'd be looking at a starting line-up akin to.

Rogers

Leahy
Grant
Gasparotto
McCracken
Kidd

Taiwo
Rankin
Sibbald

Hippolyte
Baird/McHugh

That's 4/5 changes.....

I'd guess 3 at most, Miller, Baird should survive as McHugh didn't do owt, 2 of the midfield should survive and probably 3 out of the 4 in defence, tho I can see how Leahy is being questioned, a lot of our goals conceded come from the left, it's not mind blowing that Leahy is better going forward but that's curtailed with Hippo in front of him, so surely we should be tighter, but we arent

Although we have a decent record at Dumbarton, it's still one of these grounds you sometimes have to grind out a result usually on a poor pitch.

Is Austin crocked again btw? As much as Houston wants to change it up I think we had our best team out on Saturday apart from Pete Grant. Don't think Leahy was that stinking but would like to see Tony G get some minutes, that's the only other change I'd consider. 

In the case of Mark Kerr I'd like to see him back to what he's best at, dropping deep to get the ball and doing the simple thing. He can't shoot or play killer balls (and is beyond f'in dreadful at set pieces) so take him out the forward areas. Sibbald was doing that deep role too much on Saturday and it just doesn't work, we learned that from the cup final.

There might be some youth players deserving a shot but I wouldn't have the faintest idea.

Defo think grant will play, don't think Leahy should be dropped however.

Not sure I do either but Houston is not happy with his performance. I have seen Gallagher a few times and he is a Rolls Royce. Going to be a top player. I think Gallagher will play, maybe Leahy in front of him?

Some of these team selections are mental.

Hippolyte is never a striker. The few times he played up front last season he was almost David Smith levels of shite. He's our joint second top scorer whilst playing wide left and whilst extremely frustrating has generally been our biggest attacking threat recently.

Don't get the calls for Leahy to play in midfield either he spent his first 2 seasons with us being used everywhere in midfield and up front and being generally pish until he was moved to left-back. I don't think he deserves droppped at the moment but I would like to see Gallagher get some game time but it should be one or the other, no need to shoehorn both into the team.

-------------------Rogers-------------------
Muirhead - grant - gaspo- leahy
-----------------------kerr--------------------
Shepherd------------------------hippo
--------------------sibbald------------------
-------------miller----------baird----------

I like this side real attacking threat and speed down the wings. Trickery of sibbald in the middle aerial threat of miller and waspishness of baird. Solidity in defence with kerr sitting in front of an excellent back four

Some of these team selections are mental.

Hippolyte is never a striker. The few times he played up front last season he was almost David Smith levels of shite.

I know he's not rated by you guys and you'll be hoping presumably for similar performances when he plays against you, but he's genuinely been solid for the most part for us, one of our better performers in an otherwise dire season so far.

He doesn't beat three players and send a pinpoint cross in but he's been solid, dependable, and his deliveries have been reliable for the most part.

It's a shame that Fraz won't be able to play in this one and resume his 'battle' with Hippolyte after the delightful end the last time.[emoji23]

19 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Taiwo has to come in for either Kerr or Craigen. I'd probably stick him on the right and leave Kerr where he is.

I'd like to see Grant brought in for Gasparotto as well.

There is a shock.

He has pumped your bird for sure

13 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I know he's not rated by you guys and you'll be hoping presumably for similar performances when he plays against you, but he's genuinely been solid for the most part for us, one of our better performers in an otherwise dire season so far.

He doesn't beat three players and send a pinpoint cross in but he's been solid, dependable, and his deliveries have been reliable for the most part.

It's a shame that Fraz won't be able to play in this one and resume his 'battle' with Hippolyte after the delightful end the last time.emoji23.png

He was utterly dreadful for Falkirk apart from ripping St.Mirren to bits in a game last September.

You can tell David Smith has relied too much on his pace thus far in his career. If somebody at Hearts had told him at 16 to stop playing at 100 miles an hour and work on his touch and technique he'd be a far better player now. Not really his fault.

21 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Taiwo has to come in for either Kerr or Craigen. I'd probably stick him on the right and leave Kerr where he is.

I'd like to see Grant brought in for Gasparotto as well.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is a shock.

He has pumped your bird for sure

It is generally Luca that gets caught out of position rather than McCracken though. Granted he's very good at winning headers and does the centre back basics ok but he does sometimes get caught out (like Saturday for instance). I would however like to see Gasparotto and Grant together as I think this is likely to be our centre back pairing next season so it would be good to see how they play together.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Cannot wait to see us showing our dynamic, slick passing football off to the masses of Falkirk fans watching. This season has been real great, and I've loved every minute of it so far. Not once have I wanted to slit my wrists with the programme at the thought of having to watch us. Nope, not once.

Stevie Aitken has nailed his tactics so far this season, and it's great to see us only getting beaten by the odd goal rather than being hammered. We might not have had many shots on target (or even goals) in our last few games, but at least we're not racking up the goal conceded tally, eh?

There's no point in me putting up a team lineup, because Stevie is a far more qualified coach than me. 

3-1 to Dumbarton. Mes que un part-time club. 

Spoiler

Good, can't be bothered with Ashwood at the moment

Irl I'm not looking forward to a thoroughly miserable, cold Saturday watching us valiantly lose 0-2 with 3 shots (1 on target). You guys would be better playing Luca because he's smashing at headering aimless hoofs and that is (quite literally) all we have in attack.

I don't like seeing Peter Houston happy, so getting something here really would cheer me up. Unfortunately however I think the best we can hope for is a 0-0 and if we concede early then we're humped.

I'm not even going to bother with a lineup, because we have so few players capable of playing at this level who are fit it would just be a revised squad list. My top boys Alan 'Aldo' Martin and David 'Div' Smith are literally the only two players I would say are fully deserving of their places as ever presents this season. With Mark Brown in goals and Craig Pettigrew at right-back I shudder to think where we'd be.

Stevie Aitken to call Falkirk a 'massive club' post-match, credit 'the boys' for staying in the game for large periods and talk about how competitive a position we're in. He'll then mention something about 'getting to January' to get some 'fresh bodies in'.

Some seething guy behind me to leave the ground on the verge of tears having lost his voice telling Stevie to quit.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Cannot wait to see us showing our dynamic, slick passing football off to the masses of Falkirk fans watching. This season has been real great, and I've loved every minute of it so far. Not once have I wanted to slit my wrists with the programme at the thought of having to watch us. Nope, not once.
Stevie Aitken has nailed his tactics so far this season, and it's great to see us only getting beaten by the odd goal rather than being hammered. We might not have had many shots on target (or even goals) in our last few games, but at least we're not racking up the goal conceded tally, eh?
There's no point in me putting up a team lineup, because Stevie is a far more qualified coach than me. 
3-1 to Dumbarton. Mes que un part-time club. 
Spoiler Good, can't be bothered with Ashwood at the moment
Irl I'm not looking forward to a thoroughly miserable, cold Saturday watching us valiantly lose 0-2 with 3 shots (1 on target). You guys would be better playing Luca because he's smashing at headering aimless hoofs and that is (quite literally) all we have in attack.
I don't like seeing Peter Houston happy, so getting something here really would cheer me up. Unfortunately however I think the best we can hope for is a 0-0 and if we concede early then we're humped.
I'm not even going to bother with a lineup, because we have so few players capable of playing at this level who are fit it would just be a revised squad list. My top boys Alan 'Aldo' Martin and David 'Div' Smith are literally the only two players I would say are fully deserving of their places as ever presents this season. With Mark Brown in goals and Craig Pettigrew at right-back I shudder to think where we'd be.
Stevie Aitken to call Falkirk a 'massive club' post-match, credit 'the boys' for staying in the game for large periods and talk about how competitive a position we're in. He'll then mention something about 'getting to January' to get some 'fresh bodies in'.
Some seething guy behind me to leave the ground on the verge of tears having lost of voice telling Stevie to quit.

Merry Christmas pal x

Archived