The Sons v The Bairns 17/12/16

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, boagheidboab said:

Watched the highlights.. great !!

Is it possible that the throw in just before sibbalds goal was a foul throw?

It's not possible, it's probable and that's without looking at it. Almost all of Hippo's throws are fouls but linesmen seem to be turning a blind eye to it. (Apart from one in the second half yesterday - I was amazed he gave it tbh!)

8 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

There are foul throws all the time now. Linesmen rarely flag for them

So much so that I'm wondering if there's been a change in the law that we've all missed? Maybe somebody ITK like Skyline Drifter or someone may be able to tell us?

10 hours ago, Tam Carson is my No 1 said:

In the build up to the Falkirk goal, the throw in was illegal. The thrower should be behind the line. Basic things that the linesman should be getting right never mind the referee.  Glad it never cost us. Shocking decision. 

No you don't have to be behind the line. If you read the laws of the game aslong as part of your feet are touching the line then its legal.

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

• face the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

I noticed Stevie said post-match that he "never questioned the character of the players"

Did he not say that they were a "soft group because they only played when it suits them" (or something along those lines) after the Bonnyrigg game? That would be questioning their character imo.

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No you don't have to be behind the line. If you read the laws of the game aslong as part of your feet are touching the line then its legal.

• face the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

I stand corrected then; almost all of Hippo's throws are legal in that case! 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

•  

It's on this point that many throw-ins in the modern game become illegal. The amount of players who release the ball whilst it's pretty much in front of their face is extraordinary.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

• face the field of play

I stand corrected then; almost all of Hippo's throws are legal in that case! 

The rule used to be however that the thrower's feet could not cross the line but could be placed on it, therefore the rule must have changed at some point.

throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

Very few throw ins are taken from the same spot the ball went out, by letter of the law almost every throw in could be viewed as a foul throw.

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I noticed Stevie said post-match that he "never questioned the character of the players"

Did he not say that they were a "soft group because they only played when it suits them" (or something along those lines) after the Bonnyrigg game? That would be questioning their character imo.

Yeah i thought the same, doh 

Archived