The Sons v The Bairns 17/12/16

Congratulations to Dumbarton. Although I felt we were the better team first half, we created very little. Second half they had more dangerous chances and we could have conceded more. What's changed from the Bonnyrigg cup game?

I would agree....we didnt offer much in the 1st half, but the timing of the goal was perfect

2nd half was much better, and other than the final couple of minutes, falkirk didn't really test Alan Martin

Not quite sure what's changed since Bonnyrigg....perhaps a reaction to that defeat?

We have struggled in last couple of years against lower league opposition

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations to Dumbarton. Although I felt we were the better team first half, we created very little. Second half they had more dangerous chances and we could have conceded more. What's changed from the Bonnyrigg cup game?

We couldn't be arsed against Bonnyrigg basically. The work rate was incredibly low and that result should have had no baring on predictions for this match.

Having been to both the QoS and yesterday's game and thought about the possible reasons for our current slump I've come to the conclusion it's because we're just pish! Players don't seem to be playing for the manager anymore. 

Having said that, I feel that the whole league is pish; there's not a decent team among them.

Having said that, I feel that, other than Celtic when they can be bothered, the whole of Scottish football is pish!!

I think I'm getting too old to continue to waste my weekends like this.

Having been to both the QoS and yesterday's game and thought about the possible reasons for our current slump I've come to the conclusion it's because we're just pish! Players don't seem to be playing for the manager anymore. 
Having said that, I feel that the whole league is pish; there's not a decent team among them.
Having said that, I feel that, other than Celtic when they can be bothered, the whole of Scottish football is pish!!
I think I'm getting too old to continue to waste my weekends like this.

Away and support man united then x

3 hours ago, Trump said:

As already mentioned, I think the players attitudes and perhaps the managers approach has changed slightly. Formation and shape hasn't changed much and only 1 or 2 changes of personnel.

Like others I would agree that yesterday is the first time I have left a game feeling good about how the team played and the result, just about all season . Maybe the victory over Dundee Utd at home wasn't too bad.

It is worth making, and not understating, the point that it is the first time we have played that way. It is progress and if we continue that into the coming months then we should have enough to survive another year in this league.

I do still feel we need to bolster the squad a bit in January though.

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Sorry RC55, I'm not sure.

I'll sound the @Sonsteam of 08 horn, he'll probably know.

*Sprints up*

Stanton's here until the end of the season. He's definitely a good player, but he's been completely wasted out wide having to deal with aimless punts. Hopefully we'll start to get the ball on the ground more after Saturday and we'll start to see him show that kind of quality more often.

*Sprints up*

Stanton's here until the end of the season. He's definitely a good player, but he's been completely wasted out wide having to deal with aimless punts. Hopefully we'll start to get the ball on the ground more after Saturday and we'll start to see him show that kind of quality more often.

Thanks. I know Houstie was keen on him previously but unsure if that's still the case.

From memory he was close to signing last January but was only going to happen if Vaulks was allowed to sign for Hibs. Which was never going to happen.

15 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

*Sprints up*

8 minutes So08?

You trying to kid on you have a life outside of P&B or something?

Archived