The Sons v The Bairns 17/12/16

You know what? That's the most I've enjoyed watching us all season. That second half performance was really decent and, with a bit more composure in the final third, we could've added a wee bit of gloss to the scoreline. Proof, not that it was needed, that sitting deep with no shots on target is not the way to compete at this level - doing a decent amount of attacking is. Credit to Stevie for that.
In saying all that Shepherd's late miss really was horrendous [emoji38] Cannot wait to see it on the highlights.
The longer big Berba's hair gets the better he gets. Hopefully he never has it cut again and cuts about like a lanky Emmanuel Petit for the rest of his days. It's evident that he's far more effective up front, but he gave absolutely everything today and I was delighted when he got awarded the Man of the Match. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I'm absolutely desperate for him to be a success with us. There's plenty of ability there, now hopefully we'll start to reap the rewards of him regaining his confidence. 
Our winning goal was quite beautiful. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's the best we've scored all season. The run from Stanton was good, but the ball through was absolutely stunning. Great composure from the 'bot as well to roll the ball across Danny and into the far corner. Smashing bit of play.
Keep up the level of performance that we showed in the second half and I'd fancy us to stay up. In fact it's the most optimistic I've felt leaving a game all season. Glorious chance for us to give Ayr a solid kick in the unmentionables next week - 3 points at Somerset could be absolutely massive.
Spoiler Peter Houston's head [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

^^^ bang on

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Our winning goal was quite beautiful. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's the best we've scored all season. The run from Stanton was good, but the ball through was absolutely stunning. Great composure from the 'bot as well to roll the ball across Danny and into the far corner. Smashing bit of play.

Reveal hidden contents

Peter Houston's head :lol::lol::lol:

Just beat me to it there. I came on to say that Stanton's pass and Garry's finish were superb. It was good to see that we didn't come out scared in the second half. Not exactly Gung ho! but still prepared to go forward rather than grimly defending or 1-0 lead.

That was almost an Ian Murray second season performance

Just now, Howlin' Wilf said:

That was almost an Ian Murray second season performance

You know I've just written something very similar to that for my blog this week. It really was. I can't pinpoint exactly what it was, but I really felt that today. For some reason, even after a poor first half, I was quite confident we would score again...and that's not something I've felt at all normally this season.

Aldo and Danny together at the end :wub: Fanboy level 1000 :wub:

Well, that was a tonic for the troops, and especially the resolve shown immediately after Falkirk scored; on other days this season we may well have capitulated.  Well done to every Sons player today, and a special mention to David Smith; not only has he been a stalwart since moving to right back but he's endured a right royal roasting from some Bairns fans on here - the final whistle must have been sweet music indeed.

Ain't it nice to smile leaving the match both in terms of result but also the overall performance.

just about agree with Tommo as mom but joe t covered hunners of ground and considering Baird has killed us before and miller was non existent ,I though buccy was immense. 

Amazing theconfidence Tommo seemed to get from goal 

winning goal marvellous Joe t, Sam, gaz.

saw a Falkirk post and exactly what thought. They have stagnated and need a clear out

Typical Dumbarton. We might lose to the big boys like Bonnyrigg but against run of the mill sides like Falkirk the Sons always shine through. Big Robert had his best game for the Sons today and his namesake Joe was also tremendous. Good to see that the ref kept up to the tradition of Madden and Cook and was totally clueless.Victory at Ayr next week could set us up nicely for the New Year and yet another win over the wee team from Dundee.

Archived