The Sons v The Bairns 17/12/16

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along with Craigen and Gasparotto.

I really like Muirhead but his distribution is dreadful. If we're not going to play with a proper option wide on the right we really should be playing Kidd there. As much as I don't rate him defensively he is much better going forward.

Kerr has been poor recently but if him playing means that Rankin isn't then I'll take it.

A measured and sensible response Russ. My only issue was with craigen last week. We'll need to agree to disagree on kidd. He's the only player in our whole squad I can't get

Grant Gallacher and Taiwo had nothing to do with the result being 2-1 either. Did they all shag your wife?

To be fair Gallagher gave the ball away for their 2nd goal

A measured and sensible response Russ. My only issue was with craigen last week. We'll need to agree to disagree on kidd. He's the only player in our whole squad I can't get

Kidd was coming into a game when he got injured against the scum. I think he has been unlucky. Muirhead was drafted in as a stop gap RB when Kieran Duffie got injured and he is still there. His distribution is poor

Great result against one of the playoff contenders.

Robbie T and bucky were excellent. Garrys goal came after a great bit of play from stanton and stevo and josh done well in their brief appearance.

Credit to aitken; he made changes to our first eleven and i thought the shape worked well in the first half.

Big game again next week

Kidd was coming into a game when he got injured against the scum. I think he has been unlucky. Muirhead was drafted in as a stop gap RB when Kieran Duffie got injured and he is still there. His distribution is poor

Agreed his distribution needs work but I saw enough last season in difficult games to know he can hack it.

Houston said we need more physicality then kidd appears. In this day and age if you are slow you need to be very very good. I've watched him closely since the Stirling albion game where he got left for dead tracking back. I think Houston knows he's weak himself and that's why he's not playing. He's poor in the air too and for a defender that's a real problem. At least Muirhead is quick strong experienced and good in the air.

39 minutes ago, Trump said:

Leahy and Luca playing, and Craigen starting,wouldn't have changed the scoreline today.

If your auntie had baws 

41 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Houston shook a team up that wasn't losing...to enable us to lose to a team second bottom of the league and let them score four times as many goals as they normally do.

He shouldn't have tinkered when we weren't losing

The three changes made, only gallacher comes out if it with praise. I thot the centre of defence looked weaker in that Dumbarton looked like scoring when balls were played into the middle, whereas a bucket o fannies and not look like scoring with us.

The midfield is the problem and I don't think our players look hungry for it.

I'd go hippo right Kerr Taiwo and Sibbs left. The balance in the midfield is horrible, lose it easily in midfield, pressure on defence .....goal.....

A couple o big games upcoming which could heal today or put pressure on the management

Massive 3 points given St Mirren and Dunfermline picking up some positive results recently. Thought the spell in the second half after Falkirk's goal was the best we've played all season. We're a much bigger threat going forward when we keep the ball on the deck.

Robert Thomson deservedly MOTM. Another performance where he left it all out on the pitch. Stirling's end product needs to improve but he's becoming a valuable player given his pace and work rate. Smith was solid at RB. Apart from a few defensive slip ups over the 90 it was nice to see Alan Martin get a bit of a break in goals today.

Second goal was a great run from Stanton and a lovely finish from Gary Fleming who still had a lot to do even though he was in on goal.

Massive game next week and after today I'm signed up on the bus and looking forward to it. Player and Management's reaction has been spot on since the cup game IMO. Hopefully they can keep it up. I'd love to see us proper go for it at Ayr with Gaz and Thommo up top.

A bit of positivity on a Saturday night is a strange feeling. It's been a while. Mon eh fucking Sons :D

A fantastic three points today

I was just saying that Robert Thomson had mistimed every jump for a header up until just before half time....but what a time to get it right

Second half we seemed to have more belief....and big Thommo was fantastic....his confidence was self evident and well worthy of his MOTM award

Some great performances out there this afternoon....Barr, Buchanan, Stanton were fantastic

No idea what's happened to Falkirk this season, but a shadow of last year....plenty of possession, but toothless up front. Miller looks done and Baird ineffective

Referee was just bizarre at times....that goal kick he gave when everyone else in the ground could see it was a corner

Delighted with the three points

You know what? That's the most I've enjoyed watching us all season. That second half performance was really decent and, with a bit more composure in the final third, we could've added a wee bit of gloss to the scoreline. Proof, not that it was needed, that sitting deep with no shots on target is not the way to compete at this level - doing a decent amount of attacking is. Credit to Stevie for that.

In saying all that Shepherd's late miss really was horrendous :lol: Cannot wait to see it on the highlights.

The longer big Berba's hair gets the better he gets. Hopefully he never has it cut again and cuts about like a lanky Emmanuel Petit for the rest of his days. It's evident that he's far more effective up front, but he gave absolutely everything today and I was delighted when he got awarded the Man of the Match. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I'm absolutely desperate for him to be a success with us. There's plenty of ability there, now hopefully we'll start to reap the rewards of him regaining his confidence. 

Our winning goal was quite beautiful. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's the best we've scored all season. The run from Stanton was good, but the ball through was absolutely stunning. Great composure from the 'bot as well to roll the ball across Danny and into the far corner. Smashing bit of play.

Keep up the level of performance that we showed in the second half and I'd fancy us to stay up. In fact it's the most optimistic I've felt leaving a game all season. Glorious chance for us to give Ayr a solid kick in the unmentionables next week - 3 points at Somerset could be absolutely massive.

Spoiler

Peter Houston's head :lol::lol::lol:

Archived