Henmans v The Dee

4 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Better than it is for you Sir. So did I say Celtic took their foot off the gas & were you wrong to suggest otherwise?

What do you not understand about us both agreeing on Celtic taking their foot of the gas? :lol:

Also given the stats I produced which in most matches Celtic foul more than the team they play, its too many times to be a coincidence. I would say Celtic are very lucky the officials are easy on their players when it comes to cautions and there is absolutely no reason to complain especially against the friendliest easy going team that Dundee are right now. I would say Celtic are closer to being hammer throwers than Dundee are given the stats available or are you going to dispute that?

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

There is the old saying about Stats being like mini-skirts.

I love the fact that the majority of people commenting on here and trying to use these stats weren't at the game on Saturday & can't vouch for the fouls that were given rightly or wrongly or fouls & bookings that should've been.

You know what they say about cliches, cliches betray a lack of original thought.

League tables are stats, so are scores, who plays etc. They are facts not opinions, you give opinions as facts very often with nothing to back it up. Stats can back up opinions, you don't back your opinions with any stats or facts. Nothing wrong with opinions in general they come from a point of view but when you can't accept that someone else could have a different opinion and then you argue the point as if its fact with nothing to back it up, its just your opinion.

Image result for just your opinion man gif

What do you not understand about us both agreeing on Celtic taking their foot of the gas? :lol:

You didn't agree. You said Celtic fans looked to blame the ref for not getting the result we expected instead of admitting their team took the foot off the gas.

Also given the stats I produced which in most matches Celtic foul more than the team they play, its too many times to be a coincidence. I would say Celtic are very lucky the officials are easy on their players when it comes to cautions and there is absolutely no reason to complain especially against the friendliest easy going team that Dundee are right now. I would say Celtic are closer to being hammer throwers than Dundee are given the stats available or are you going to dispute that?

Yes I am because if you watch us play you will see we are being unfairly penalised in a lot of these games and our rivals are getting away with murder. Thankfully though we are too good to let it hamper us. I certainly didn't witness Celtic committing more fouls than Dundee.

Very peculiar that the most dominant team in the league are being penalised so much. In most other seasons and leagues the team in our position find themselves the most fouled. To watch our games it certainly looks that way but somehow the refs don't see it that way.

7 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

You didn't agree. You said Celtic fans looked to blame the ref for not getting the result we expected instead of admitting their team took the foot off the gas.

Yes I am because if you watch us play you will see we are being unfairly penalised in a lot of these games and our rivals are getting away with murder. Thankfully though we are too good to let it hamper us. I certainly didn't witness Celtic committing more fouls than Dundee.

Very peculiar that the most dominant team in the league are being penalised so much. In most other seasons and leagues the team in our position find themselves the most fouled. To watch our games it certainly looks that way but somehow the refs don't see it that way.

You are really struggling with this. :lol:

So explain why your team have had no red cards and only sit third in least yellows but yet commit more fouls in most of the games they have played this season especially after being turned over 7-0 by Barca. Did the SFA suddenly after the Barca game order the referees to penalise Celtic at every opportunity but go easy on the cards????:lol:

Where do you go to back up your opinion if you don't agree with the stats?

You are really struggling with this. :lol:
So explain why your team have had no red cards and only sit third in least yellows but yet commit more fouls in most of the games they have played this season especially after being turned over 7-0 by Barca. Did the SFA suddenly after the Barca game order the referees to penalise Celtic at every opportunity but go easy on the cards????:lol:
Where do you go to back up your opinion if you don't agree with the stats?

I back it up with what I'm seeing with my own eyes. As I've attended more Celtic games than yourself I'd say it better places me to see if my team are committing all these fouls or not. Stats can be created by poor refereeing decisions. Like the decision to award a penalty against us when we played Hearts on the opening day when their player dived. The decision to not give us a blatant penalty at Dens Park. Just two big calls off the top of my head that sum up my point.

Refs are too quick to give us petty bookings and not quick enough to offer protection to us from sides being overly physical. Like I said, Simunovic got booked which I had no issue with. Then Dundee put in 3 fouls all as bad (one identical) to Simunovic's within about 5-10 mins of his booking and although we got a couple of fouls there were no bookings. I mean seriously, Dundee coming to Celtic Park to play the champions, a team who have all the possession, attack teams constantly unbeaten against every team they have played domestically and you really buy into this notion that we're going out there to foul Dundee who only somehow 'factually' commuted four meagre fouls the entire game. Give your head a wobble.

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I back it up with what I'm seeing with my own eyes. As I've attended more Celtic games than yourself I'd say it better places me to see if my team are committing all these fouls or not. Stats can be created by poor refereeing decisions. Like the decision to award a penalty against us when we played Hearts on the opening day when their player dived. The decision to not give us a blatant penalty at Dens Park. Just two big calls off the top of my head that sum up my point.

Refs are too quick to give us petty bookings and not quick enough to offer protection to us from sides being overly physical. Like I said, Simunovic got booked which I had no issue with. Then Dundee put in 3 fouls all as bad (one identical) to Simunovic's within about 5-10 mins of his booking and although we got a couple of fouls there were no bookings. I mean seriously, Dundee coming to Celtic Park to play the champions, a team who have all the possession, attack teams constantly unbeaten against every team they have played domestically and you really buy into this notion that we're going out there to foul Dundee who only somehow 'factually' commuted four meagre fouls the entire game. Give your head a wobble.

Atleast Magee could be funny sometimes....

download.jpg.03550fbc89a1d633551df0636c6

Archived