Henmans v The Dee

20 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

So he wasn't that bad, in all honesty. And there's no anti-Celtic bias/agenda.

Glad at least one Celtic fan on here isn't mentally ill.

ETA: just realised you're the one that pretends you're a solicitor. I retract my last statement.

hqdefault.jpg

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your "opinion" was that the ref didn't book players for fouls because he didn't think the fouls were fouls.
Not sure any examination of the game is required to dismiss that opinion tbh.

I never said the ref didn't think they were fouls. He must've thought they were soft fouls I can only assume although to just about everyone else in the stadium, they weren't fouls at all.

For once Stanley actually has a point, probably best to give an example as it's making you look even more twattish than him.

Why give an example that he can't look at for himself? What purpose does that serve. He'll only disagree with anything that's put to him.

So you can't give me any specific incidents then? But the ref didn't book players because the 17 fouls weren't fouls anyway?
:lol:

As I said above, is there any point giving examples to incidents you can't watch and compare? If you strip back your bullshit, we both know you're just going to disagree with the opinion anyway because it's the pro-Celtic one. At least be honest with yourself.

25 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Nobody said we didn't complain but it's not the either/or situation you are making out so I'm not quite agreeing. We are not complaining because we didn't get the result we were after because I've already said that we took our foot off the gas...something you're failing to recognise & actually stated we don't say it.

Yes there has been a relatively peaceful 4yrs on the refereeing front apart from the odd cup occasion. What is the reason for the change...we'll a lot has changed in 4yrs so I'm not quite sure what that could be :rolleyes:

The other reason for the teams being overly physical with us this season is that on the park while we were still better than them, teams felt they could get at us, whereas under Rodgers we're just far too good for the opposition and hence why teams are kicking out...frustration? To weaken us? Both? Who knows but it's pretty apparent teams are putting the boot in more this season and some refs are being pretty poor.

Lets see now, here below is the foul count for every game Celtic have played this season bar the FC Astana and the Lincoln Red Imps CL qualifiers. I've noticed a large jump in fouls committed by Celtic players ever since the 7-0 defeat by Barcelona. Since the Barca 7-0 Celtic have fouled more than their opposition in all but 6 games, only twice have the opposition fouled more than Celtic. 13 times Celtic have given away more fouls than the opposition since that 7-0 hammering.  Also worth noting that there is a gradual average increase of fouls given away by Celtic as the season has progressed and Celtic have been in double figures every game since the 1-0 win over Rangers.

Celtic 17 fouls, Dundee 4

Celtic 10 fouls, Hamilton 11

Partick 13 fouls, Celtic 13

Man City 6 fouls, Celtic 16

Motherwell 8 fouls, Celtic 10

Aberdeen 5 fouls, Celtic 14

Celtic 13 fouls, Barcelona 12

Kilmarnock 12 fouls, Celtic 12

Celtic 17 fouls, Inverness 15

Borussia M 10 fouls, Celtic 11

Aberdeen 19 fouls, Celtic 12

Ross Co 6 fouls, Celtic 12

Rangers 6 fouls, Celtic 18

Celtic 9 fouls, Borussia M 7

Celtic 7 fouls, Motherwell 7

Dundee 7 fouls, Celtic 12

Celtic 8 fouls, Man City 8

Celtic 8 fouls, Kilmarnock 8

Celtic 9 fouls, Alloa 7

Inverness 11 fouls, Celtic 12

Barcelona 7 fouls, Celtic 3

Celtic 12 fouls, Rangers 13

Aberdeen 13 fouls, Celtic 11

Hapoel B 6 fouls, Celtic 13

St. Johnstone 12 fouls, Celtic 10

Celtic 12 fouls, Hapoel B 7

Celtic 8 fouls, Motherwell 6

Hearts 15 fouls, Celtic 13

Looking at the evidence above should be enough to convince anyone that its not the opposition who are getting more physical with Celtic, its the other way around. Quite obviously Rodgers is asking his players for more commitment on the pitch. I think its likely that what Celtic fans like yourself is seeing is the opposition reacting to the more physical style of play Brendan Rodgers has introduced.

Surely you would have noticed all this without it all being pointed out and the need to bring up stats?

This was interesting btw seeing this, wouldn't mind seeing the crime count, I would guess Dundee would be right up near the top as one of the best behaved.

22 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

So he wasn't that bad, in all honesty. And there's no anti-Celtic bias/agenda.

Glad at least one Celtic fan on here isn't mentally ill.

ETA: just realised you're the one that pretends you're a solicitor. I retract my last statement.

Yeah, I'm actually the Lord President of the Court of Session but keep it on the down low.

I'll be honest I recall being annoyed with a few decisions but can't recall specifics and I remember people around me moaning about decisions which I thought were fair enough. Wasn't a perfect performance from Bobby but also hasn't convinced me of a huge anti-Celtic conspiracy.

As I recall Crawford Allan was worse on Tuesday but again I don't remember any specific decisions. Mainly because none of them were penalties or sendings off and my brain isn't wired to remember the minutiae of every match.

Also think it's easy to be mistaken when you see things once from a stand rather than multiple times on TV.

Agree with a lot of what you say & I don't think Bobby Madden is the anti-Celtic ref that many other Celtic fans make him out to be. I've heard all about how he is/was a Rangers season ticket holder & I had my concerns before when he was handed a Celtic v Rangers game but I thought he handled the game very well so for now, he's ok in my book but although he wasn't awful on Saturday, he certainly was inconsistent to our our detriment when it came to fouls.

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Broony wasn't playing on Saturday mate. He was banned for picking up bookings lol

Not surprising given the amount of fouls Celtic have given away this season, that's going to eventually have some come back.

5 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Broony wasn't playing on Saturday mate. He was banned for picking up bookings lol

so you're saying he doesn't get away with a lot of bookable fouls in domestic games, Davie?

so you're saying he doesn't get away with a lot of bookable fouls in domestic games, Davie?

Nowhere near as much as opposition fans would have us believe. Broony is the pantomime villain for many opposition fans because of his robust style of play. Every tackle he makes results in howls of derision from rival fans.

14 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Nowhere near as much as opposition fans would have us believe. Broony is the pantomime villain for many opposition fans because of his robust style of play. Every tackle he makes results in howls of derision from rival fans.

This is not going well for you

10 minutes ago, Moo said:

I thought I read which is probably now a dozen pages back that a Celtic fan claimed we were hammer throwers yet only gave away 4 fouls the whole game?

Aye but the ref wiz a mason!!!

10 minutes ago, Moo said:

I thought I read which is probably now a dozen pages back that a Celtic fan claimed we were hammer throwers yet only gave away 4 fouls the whole game?

Going by the evidence with the foul and card stats it appears Dundee don't do enough fouling/maiming and career ending high tackles. Celtic on the other hand their fans should be envious of Dundee and their crime count (very similar to when Celtic were managed by Lennon). A bit hypocritical of Celtic fans claiming Dundee were a bunch of hammer throwers when not only Dundee only committed 4 fouls against their team but Dundee are by far the better behaved of the two. In fact looking at the stats Celtic for all their fouling are very lucky that the refs have been lenient with the cards towards them.

There is the old saying about Stats being like mini-skirts.

I love the fact that the majority of people commenting on here and trying to use these stats weren't at the game on Saturday & can't vouch for the fouls that were given rightly or wrongly or fouls & bookings that should've been.

Despite us putting out a reserve squad.

Despite the hammer throwing from dundee.

Despite the refs inability to know when the Dundee players were just falling over with no contact.

Despite all that we win again,

Un

De

feated.

Here it is. Minter.

Archived