Henmans v The Dee

13 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I back it up with what I'm seeing with my own eyes. As I've attended more Celtic games than yourself I'd say it better places me to see if my team are committing all these fouls or not. Stats can be created by poor refereeing decisions. Like the decision to award a penalty against us when we played Hearts on the opening day when their player dived. The decision to not give us a blatant penalty at Dens Park. Just two big calls off the top of my head that sum up my point.

Refs are too quick to give us petty bookings and not quick enough to offer protection to us from sides being overly physical. Like I said, Simunovic got booked which I had no issue with. Then Dundee put in 3 fouls all as bad (one identical) to Simunovic's within about 5-10 mins of his booking and although we got a couple of fouls there were no bookings. I mean seriously, Dundee coming to Celtic Park to play the champions, a team who have all the possession, attack teams constantly unbeaten against every team they have played domestically and you really buy into this notion that we're going out there to foul Dundee who only somehow 'factually' commuted four meagre fouls the entire game. Give your head a wobble.

:lol: (that part I highlighted)

So you believe there's one set of rules (via opinion) for Celtic and the rules of the game for everybody else?

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: (that part I highlighted)
So you believe there's one set of rules (via opinion) for Celtic and the rules of the game for everybody else?

Can only say what I see. Anybody who has actually watched us this season and think we merit the number of fouls against us compared to the opposition is one digestive short of a packet.

So why is that then? Why are Celtic conceding more fouls compared to other teams?

I don't have any stats at hand to prove my reasoning here but I'll have a stab anyway.

From what I've seen this season we have the vast majority of possession in most games and when we lose the ball we press high up the park at a quick tempo. This leads to us committing lots of niggly wee fouls that are not necessarily bookings unless it's for persistent fouling. On the other hand most of the fouls committed against us are when we are attacking with quick movement and pace and while the foul count might be lower those types of fouls are more likely to result in bookings.

That's not what Davie is saying though, he doesn't think Celtic merit the number of fouls that they are being penalised for. I'm asking why that is.

No but I don't have to add too much to that, other than to say that of the "niggly fouls" as Tony put it, quite a fair few of them shouldn't be fouls at all. Slightest contact on an opposition player and they go down like a sack of spuds as they know they're losing the ball deep in their half, and the ref as expected, blows the whistle.

Isn't that the same for all teams though and not just Celtic?

Certainly every team gets some fouls against them for this that shouldn't but as Tony pointed out, we play a high pressing game. We have more possession and do by far more attacking than any other club in the league so we find ourselves in that position a lot more.

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is Davie Bhoy the guy who said that the hanging blow up dolls at Parkhead had their hands tied behind their back to make it easier to get through the turnstiles?

Yes.

30 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

oor Davie 

think i might personally sign up just for the Jimmy Johnstone subbueto piece 

I find it funny how the United goalkeeper thing always comes up from them. The 'keeper gets the ball quite cleanly, I have no idea what they have been winging about for the past six years.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I find it funny how the United goalkeeper thing always comes up from them. The 'keeper gets the ball quite cleanly, I have no idea what they have been winging about for the past six years.

They still greet about a George cadette offside decision at ibrox from 1996 if they have the chance so I am not sursprised in all honesty 

Certainly every team gets some fouls against them for this that shouldn't but as Tony pointed out, we play a high pressing game. We have more possession and do by far more attacking than any other club in the league so we find ourselves in that position a lot more.

This is ridiculous Davie. In literally every football match ive ever seen, a striker pressing a defender in possession nearly always gives away a free kick with minimal contact.

The very notion that this is somehow unique to Celtic or you're being picked on is utterly paranoid nonsense.

Is Davie Bhoy the guy who said that the hanging blow up dolls at Parkhead had their hands tied behind their back to make it easier to get through the turnstiles?

If we want to be correct, I wasn't saying that specifically was why it was done. I just said it as a 'who knows why they did it, could it be because...', since people where wrongly claiming it was for other reasons but hey, as per the bloodhounds were all over it.

So then you have no reason to complain about fouls given against you? I really don't see why you are whining about it.

As I said, we press more so therefor get penalised more for opposition players 'playing for the foul' & conning the ref.

This is ridiculous Davie. In literally every football match ive ever seen, a striker pressing a defender in possession nearly always gives away a free kick with minimal contact.

The very notion that this is somehow unique to Celtic or you're being picked on is utterly paranoid nonsense.

Of course Jupe, I'm not suggesting we never foul. My point is that often we get penalised for winning the ball fairly or because the defender takes a dive to win a foul to stop a far superior player taking the ball from him.

Archived