Arbroath vs Elgin City

Jim weirs interview...think I saw a tear...
we have not been beaten by a better footballing team..........  apart from the first 20-25 it was all arbroath, but he was right about decisions evening themselves out over the season, as said before we should of had the more blantent penalty with push on Doris, no mention of that, 

Same for me they were really good for half hour or so but after that we fully deserved to beat them played them off pitch. Pongo wasn't his usual self today and Sukar had some poor moments, the one that annoyed me even though it is extremely petty is when he passed it to Gomes left foot, Gomes shanks it out for throw and they score after that, not Sukars fault but just pass it to his right foot. Left in a bad position for the 2-0 goal but a rush to the head there. Just hold your ground or win it there were players sprinting back.

Other than them I think everybody was very good love Skellys trickery.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think that red card is harsh on Sukar, looks like the Elgin player pulls him down. Saying that, I thought the referee was horrendous for both sides.

This mean ms Phillips should get a long overdue start at Cowdenbeath. So all is good

Yeh my old man said the same at time about Sukars back pass that lead to first goal, never a sending off in a million years for him tho, 

I hope Phillips starts there next week but you never no, might end up with Whatley there and Malin starting or even Dunlop with Hammy moved to LB

Also you couldn't see it on highlights but what a save from Gomes in first half that hit inside of post, if that went in could of been game over

Have I missed a rule change? Twice when players had treatment from the physio they didn't go off the pitch. In the first half the Elgin player who got Sukar booked stayed on and right at the end Bobby stayed on when he got clattered and needed lengthy treatment. I thought all players except keepers needed to leave the pitch if the physio came on to treat them.

Yup, you've missed a rule change.
If a player gets clattered and the challenge resulted in a card, said clattered player can receive treatment and stay on the park.

Photographs from today's game - https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157674041414844

I was absolutely thrilled for Prunty today.  He came agonisingly close in the first half but pounced when the ball came to him, then showed great tenacity to win the ball and set up Stevie D.   

I do feel for both sets of players though.  The level of refereeing at this level is a joke.   From linesman who can't seem to make their own decisions, to the sheer inconsistency of decisions week in and week out.   I hope we appeal Sukar's second yellow card as it was never a booking.   If the referee sticks to the rules he has set, then he should have booked Malin who actually fouled a few minutes later.   

Its the same with the push on Doris.  A week or so go, Ricky Little is deemed to have had a push at Broadwood and Clyde get a penalty, yet everyone can see Doris being pushed and nothing! Just be consistent! Please!  

IMG_2906 copy.jpg

I count 128-just behind Bobby on 132. Hammy, Little and Whatley all in the 90s too.

5 tap Bois

Love this team this season. Linns actually been here for ages now first season was the relegation one. Same with Ricky, hope all 5 are here to stay for a while. Every club has guys that are the clubs regulars/identity and they are ours. Spine of team and squad.

Said I wanted to get another player to play out wide but after Skellys performances recently he's perfectly capable and very good. Puts some belters in the box.

Not sure what else we really need in January. Prunty scoring now too, I've actually always thought he's played pretty well whenever he's played but strikers judged by goals a lot and he's been unlucky so many times

Great saves, off the line, post.. That save from Adam last Saturday summed it up.

Definitely need something to help out because it's a long season and can't let the window pass without doing something

Pleased with the win today, definitely made my night out a lot better. Happy to see Prunty hitting the mark, him and Stevie Doris bossed the Elgin defence. The defence today was very solid other than the 2 goals, and one the rare occasion they were breached, Ricky Gomes was there to save the day. Thought both sendings off were a bit harsh tbh, although in fairness hopefully we will see Phillips get a run in the team now, as is well deserved. Glad we've asserted ourselves as title contenders, long may it continue.

Shout out to the Elgin fans as well, despite some dodgy songs you lads backed your team the whole game, would be happy to see you boys come up with us instead of Farfir.

Mon eh fuckin Lichties!!

First half was a bit of a nightmare. Elgin found space all over the park and managed to pass the ball to players wearing the same colour shirts and we were struggling. It was half an hour before we even had an attempt at goal, a Skelly shot that was blocked for a corner.

Improved in the second half and as others have said it was good to see Prunty get his goal and cross for Stevie Doris' first. Stevie then showed the proper way to take a penalty. None of this pussy footing about trying to fool the keeper. Smash it so that the ball is in the net before the keeper can react. Thought Stevie worked his socks off as usual and Prunty had his best game for us.

Won't be sorry to see Sukar go at the end of his loan, but would like to see Skelly's loan extended.

Agree with comments about the ref, poorest we've seen for some time.

elgin are decent, think they will definitely be in and around the top 2 or 3 at the end of the season. Things starting to click for us and DC has some selection headaches as everyone is starting to contribute. 

Skelly and Bobby on either side is very attacking but they must be a nightmare to play against. 

12 points against Elgin and Forfar now which shows we are turning up for the big games but also shows how many silly points we have dropped to still be 7 points behind.

both sending offs very soft, particularly ours

Archived