Raith v Dundee United

16 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Number 3 is Kevin Mchattie. Useless at defending. Brilliant going forward. Scored a few screamers this season, including the equaliser through at Tannadice earlier in the season.

He's partial to a screamer at Tannadice. Lashed one in from a similar angle for Killie last season.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people are suggesting that it wasn't a foul for the penalty then I'll assume they will consider the same for Toshney's second yellow? Barr goes down far too easy and straight up calling for the card. Perhaps Raith would be better spending time in training practising shooting rather than more nefarious aspects of the game.

If people are suggesting that it wasn't a foul for the penalty then I'll assume they will consider the same for Toshney's second yellow? Barr goes down far too easy and straight up calling for the card. Perhaps Raith would be better spending time in training practising shooting rather than more nefarious aspects of the game.

I dunno like, given your response it seems like time well spent.

4 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Perhaps Raith would be better spending time in training practising shooting rather than more nefarious aspects of the game.

Gary Locke: "Right boys, I know we're struggling like f**k to score the noo but there's an even more important aspect to our game that we need to focus on this week..."

Bobby Barr puts his hand up: "Is it screaming at the ref to get opposition yelly cairds at the half way line?"

GL: "Spot on son! You'll go far in this game."

Barr does go down a little easily but it's clearly a foul.

I also think the penalty from another angle would look a little more clear-cut, but could be wrong of course. It looks like the boy's fallen over after an airshot but he must've kicked Benedictus' leg, surely? If not, a terrible decision but Cuthbert made a great save regardless.

On an unrelated note, United's number 10 was stinking. 

Barr is some boy. Didn't realise until I watched the highlights that as soon as the yellow card was shown he gives our bench a sly 'yass' followed by a high five with McManus. Actually thought Bene was going to lose the head after Toshney's first challenge on him, kudos to Toshney for at least walking away as I think Bene was keen for some handbags at that point. 

As far as 0-0 games go I quite enjoyed it. Thought we played a lot better than we have in recent weeks. Davo was my man of the match, he was almost Grant Anderson'esque winning headers from Cuthbert's kick outs. Knew fine well when they went down to 10 men that we'd struggle, in my time supporting the Rovers I can't remember the last time we really dominated a team with an extra man advantage. We actually looked better when it was 11 v 11. Great penalty save by Cuthbert, kinda thought it would spur us on to get the win but wasn't to be. Overall a point was probably a fair result. 

Archived