Raith v Dundee United

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ayr at home too, although we too had ten men at that point. 

Cheers, forgot about them [emoji106].

Anyway, we're moving in the right direction performance wise. We started the game today like we finished the game last Saturday which was encouraging. I had said before last Saturday that we'd get beat by St Mirren, then go on and take something from Dundee United. Just a bit gutted it wasn't all 3 points as I feel we more than deserved the 3 points.

I'd probably start the same team that started today next week as well. Callachan was absolutely brilliant today. As was Thompson and Davo. At half time, I mentioned the only player that wasn't having the best of games was McHattie but he had a brilliant second half.

Another trip on Soccer AM with those skills that he showed in the first half again?

Even Skacel and McManus had decent games today.

All 3 subs were the right subs to make, the only problem with them is the timings. Stewart should have been on as soon as Toshney was sent off( :lol: ). Coustrain for Barr was a sub that was badly needed 15 mins before it was. I'd have maybe taken off Mchattie for Vaughan instead of McManus and went 3-4-3 but I understand why Locke didn't. That sub could end up being career suicide if it doesn't come off..

Anyway, looking forward to next week now.

If only we had a striker....

Defence looking vv solid, after watching the past few seasons don't think I'd ever say that.

Why can't we sign that Dutch boy now??? Heard we have to wait till the window opens

If he was released from a club after the transfer window shut, then he can't sign for another club until the following transfer window..?

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If he was released from a club after the transfer window shut, then he can't sign for another club until the following transfer window..?

Think that's it.  Daft rule, just serves to drive footballers into unemployment.

BTW kudos to Raith for having the guy from the Kirkcaldy Foodbank speak before the game.  Shocking that we need such things in 2016 but a nice touch and an indication that the club has close ties with the community

Them two stands across the touch lines are fucking pathetic. 

Cant wait to see a team without Obadayi and Toshney next week!!!

Bit of a bizzare combination of comments but hey ho. Toshney was never a right back so you may find that may change if they bring someone in to that position.

Disgraceful decision by the referee. Can anyone that seen the incident can they confirm?

Whit? Absolutely a second yellow. Toshney is a fucking numbskull. Sooner he is not in the team the better. Shite player, and never a right full back.

That's never a penalty. Good job Cuthbert was more than up to the job of saving it. 

One thing which separates Bobby Barr from any of our other wingers is his experience. Right after Toshney bundled him over, he's turned straight to the referee and reminded him it's a second booking. Similarly, his positions for corners is absolutely glorious too. 

3 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

Who's your #3? Fuckin honkin. Looks like you chaps had the better of it bar the penalty, happy to get out of that with a draw.

Hopefully Franko VDS is back for the next game now that Toshney has kindly put himself out of the frame.

Who's your #3? Fuckin honkin. Looks like you chaps had the better of it bar the penalty, happy to get out of that with a draw.
Hopefully Franko VDS is back for the next game now that Toshney has kindly put himself out of the frame.

Number 3 is Kevin Mchattie. Useless at defending. Brilliant going forward. Scored a few screamers this season, including the equaliser through at Tannadice earlier in the season.

Archived