Raith v Dundee United

Another big game tomorrow. I'll happily settle for another shitefest 0-1 or maybe even a 0-2 if the players feel like treating us. And then a wee favour from Morton at teatime will make for a decent weekend. But as a betting man I'm gonna take Utd @ Evens and Hubs @ 3/4 along with Derby away and Sheff Wed home for a tidy 14/1 Acca.[emoji6]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The tail end of last season was superb, but at the end of the day it didn't get us anywhere. We achieved nothing in terms of promotion or cup wins. Great to watch but unfortunate that we were in a league with Hibs, Rangers and a good Falkirk side.

We've done okay the last few seasons but we are in a bit of a situation. We meander along with little danger of relegation or promotion. This, as well as all the other issues like affordability, is probably why we can't draw a crowd. Our situation will undoubtedly change at some point, probably with a relegation. I was slagging that diddy cup win against Sevco a couple of seasons ago, but looking at it realistically, that or a League One trophy are the most likely things I'll see us win. I keep hoping for a promotion from this league of a Scottish Cup win, but the odds are stacked against either of those events happening.

What we need is a rich benefactor...

Bonus shite stat, our league position vs average home game attendance/year - courtesy of the Raith trust. Obviously doesn't strip out away fans but you cans till see the trend:

Raith season_attendance.JPG

Anyway, back to the game - it's Friday and I've still not recovered my usual late week blind optimism. Benedictus and B.Barr will come back into the team but our misfiring front line will remain unchanged, and we'll start as a 4-4-2 that seen us rag dolled for 30 minutes at Tannadice earlier in the season.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why do supporters always get an absolute chubby about how many of their supporters go to games? Who gives a f**k?

Settle down, Beavis. Seems pretty obvious that FifeArab is referring to the atmosphere and camaraderie generated by a decent sized travelling support compared to a small one.

The tail end of last season was superb, but at the end of the day it didn't get us anywhere. We achieved nothing in terms of promotion or cup wins. Great to watch but unfortunate that we were in a league with Hibs, Rangers and a good Falkirk side.

We've done okay the last few seasons but we are in a bit of a situation. We meander along with little danger of relegation or promotion. This, as well as all the other issues like affordability, is probably why we can't draw a crowd. Our situation will undoubtedly change at some point, probably with a relegation. I was slagging that diddy cup win against Sevco a couple of seasons ago, but looking at it realistically, that or a League One trophy are the most likely things I'll see us win. I keep hoping for a promotion from this league of a Scottish Cup win, but the odds are stacked against either of those events happening.

What we need is a rich benefactor...

Didn't you choose not to go to the Challenge Cup final because you said it was an irrelevance or something?

United did what they do best at the end of last season, shat on us from a great height. Our away play off against Hibs was knackered as soon as United came calling, they couldn't give a shit about us. Don't think for a moment that he ever had second thoughts about staying at Rovers, he didn't. No love lost:thumbsdown

Archived