Raith v Dundee United

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Paco said:

I see McKinnon thinks he'll get a 'half-decent' reception. Now the dust has settled a bit, what do we think Rovers fans?

I bear no grudge and never have, but that didn't stop me giving him a bit of stick at Tannadice. Panto villain I reckon.

What was ominous was the fact he singled out Kyle Benedictus as being a good player for us. You just know he's going to sign him on a pre-contract soon.

I see McKinnon thinks he'll get a 'half-decent' reception. Now the dust has settled a bit, what do we think Rovers fans?

I bear no grudge and never have, but that didn't stop me giving him a bit of stick at Tannadice. Panto villain I reckon.

He wasn't here long enough for me to really care. I didn't think he was a great or awful manager for us. It's all a bit "so what" from me.

More pissed off at the way Utd went about things and the timing of it all. Won't be clapping RM but prob won't be booing either, best we just move on. Not winning the match will upset him a damn lot more than a few swear words and boos in his direction so hopefully team can raise its game from the crap of last few weeks and giru McKinnon best way possible...

He did indeed 'sign' Bobby Barr, unfortunately he also gave a new contract to both Davo and Robertson.  

Certainly can't blame him for wanting to try things out at a bigger club and his boyhood club at that. Timing wasn't great for us but the mans got to do what's best for him. He probably knew deep down we'd have toiled at going up via the playoffs so to potentially turn down the opportunity to head to United would have been silly. Brechin fans I think were a bit peeved that he left them for us and we know how they felt with with him leaving us for another club, these things happen in football. It should all be forgotten about by now imo and anyone taking the hump should just try and concentrate on giving our current team some support instead of venting their anger towards McKinnon on Saturday. For me personally I can barely muster the energy to boo refereeing decisions let alone go into Saturdays game slavering at the mouth towards McKinnon. He's probably made the correct choice what with United being joint top of the league. Am I not right in saying his quote was he HOPED he'd get a half decent reception more so than thinking he'd get a half decent reception?

As for the game, struggling to see us getting a point let alone having any optimism that we'll win the game. Performances have been gash recently but with Barr now back hopefully that gives us a bit of spark to give United a bit of a game. We seem miles behind from the performance against United at Tannadice earlier in the season, incidentally a game where Locke was getting sooked silly by the Rovers fans at full time. How things can change over the course of a few months.

Well, your fans are reduced to a gibbering seething mess at the sight of Joe Cardle, who was on the pitch for around 15 nanoseconds in a Raith shirt...........why wouldn't you boo a former manager who moved to his hometown club to try & further his career?

I have absolutely no problem with Mckinnon leaving Raith Rovers for Dundee Utd.  Thats an opportunity he couldnt turn down, and few would expect him to.

The thing that peeved me off, was that the whole process started whilst we were still in the playoffs.  The build up to our biggest game in years was dominated by Ray Mckinnon and Dundee Utd.  Not saying that without that we would have got any further, but it soured things for me.  The way he was talking at the time, reading between the lines anyway, its reasonable to assume it was a done deal already.  The team bus hadnt even arrived in Kdy by the time Utd seeked permission to talk to Mckinnon.

Mcglynn left to Hearts with everyones best wishes, and had Mckinnon done the same after the season had ended, would have had no problem at all.

15 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Well, your fans are reduced to a gibbering seething mess at the sight of Joe Cardle, who was on the pitch for around 15 nanoseconds in a Raith shirt...........why wouldn't you boo a former manager who moved to his hometown club to try & further his career?

Is that the same Joe Cardle who reduced pars fans to gibbering seething messes by celebrating a Rovers goal right in front of them?

15 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

who was on the pitch for around 15 nanoseconds in a Raith shirt

Well 40 ish games, if that constitutes as 15 nanoseconds. I actually thought you were hinting at, in a roundabout way, that Cardle left us to go back to Dunfermline to further his career but forgot he had a stint at Ross County after leaving us. Anyhoo I had no idea people in our support booed him. I've not really given him much thought since he left to be honest. 

He was here longer then Mckinnon to be fair.

Nobody boo's him at the start of the game, when he takes his first dive, that's what begins to get on the Rovers support's nerves. As it would, any support.

It's all good now though. He's now just warming the bench in a poor Dunfermline team :lol:

Archived