Should this forum be a closed shop?

Hertha/BJFC1938

Have often wondered about this forum compared to other clubs ones where you need to be an active forum member to both look at people's opinions and to post comments and do people think that this forum should be a members only forum ? 

Without a doubt there are loads of people who have no interest in commenting on here but who definitely have much interest in viewing certain posts from certain clubs with very fond interest . 

Would it be better if it were members only on here? 

10 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

It is members only - you've got to join in order to post anything.

No I'm talking about non members being able to read posts and more so the repercussions from it as has been highlighted on another thread , fully aware that you need to be a member in order to post.

2 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

No I'm talking about non members being able to read posts and more so the repercussions from it as has been highlighted on another thread , fully aware that you need to be a member in order to post.

I doubt it would make much difference whether it was set to private or not - easy enough for somebody who is a member to screenshot it and bring it to the attention of Mr Fixtures Man...assume that's who you're talking about.

Ultimately, anything you post online is in the public domain. If you feel strongly enough about a subject to vent your frustrations/anger/whatever it's your right to do so, but it can can come back to bite you and end up having a negative effect, as appears to have happened here.

Never really been a fan of such forums. I'd have been less inclined to join p&b if I couldn't have a look first to see what was being discussed etc.

Have often wondered about this forum compared to other clubs ones where you need to be an active forum member to both look at people's opinions and to post comments and do people think that this forum should be a members only forum ? 

Without a doubt there are loads of people who have no interest in commenting on here but who definitely have much interest in viewing certain posts from certain clubs with very fond interest . 

Nope. Allowing anyone to view the forum will encourage new users to sign up fairly often and air their views, good or bad.

I was just a browser of the forum for a good couple of years before I signed up, but whether you want to post because you have something to say, or lurk because you find it informative or just entertaining, it's what the forum's all about really.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]oh ffs. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

12 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Sorry what repercussions have come from posting on here? Free speech and all.

Several committee men have received warnings about their postings

Rob Roy invited two fans to a commitee meeting to "discuss" their postings

It was alleged that a current manager threatened a poster with legal action

Keep it open as some people like to get some information and things from it.

I think if fans are making threats or whatever towards players, management, committee then they have every right to have action taken against them by the club

41 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Several committee men have received warnings about their postings

Rob Roy invited two fans to a commitee meeting to "discuss" their postings

It was alleged that a current manager threatened a poster with legal action

Warnings from who - the SJFA or their clubs? Either way, that's completely unacceptable - if what you're posting isn't libellous and is simply a statement of opinion you're entitled to make it.

Likewise, a committee's exceeded the remit of what they're put there to do to an embarrassing extent if they think they're entitled to carpet fans who disagree with them...it's still a free country.

Kind of.

46 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Warnings from who - the SJFA or their clubs? Either way, that's completely unacceptable - if what you're posting isn't libellous and is simply a statement of opinion you're entitled to make it.

Likewise, a committee's exceeded the remit of what they're put there to do to an embarrassing extent if they think they're entitled to carpet fans who disagree with them...it's still a free country.

Kind of.

From the SJFA

the SJFA will not  have any involvement in this, will be from some sensitive  club member/s who thinks that there position means there opinion is what matters and nobody else is allowed to say different. I had not even heard of P&b until about 2 years ago when everyone was talking about an on going feud between our previous chairman and an ex player. Like many others I followed the saga from behind the scenes and made up my own mind , my conclusion was that if you play with fire you will get burned , eventually  he could not stand the heat and had to get out of the kitchen, probably the hardest decision he ever had to make but for the good of the club the right one. 

I can assure you that the sjfa do get involved in this .

Archived