P&B Dead Pool 2017

Spain

7 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Even this early in the campaign I can see that my strategy of going for random solo shots is setting myself up for a spectacular fail.

Acht well. You live and learn... 

I've said before Angus, there are some sick people out there who take this seriously and do research. To me it's just a bit of fun, hoping that people you don't know die.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've said before Angus, there are some sick people out there who take this seriously and do research. To me it's just a bit of fun, hoping that people you don't know die.

The best bit is when you get the points.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

By 'research' do you mean 'look through gun catalogues and read Agatha Christie books for ideas'?

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The best bit is when you get the points.

Maybe for you, the best bit for me is when I've posted all the lists and I can get my life back.

Even this early in the campaign I can see that my strategy of going for random solo shots is setting myself up for a spectacular fail. Acht well. You live and learn... 

I joined last year and my list was a random selection of old famous people. I think the way last year panned out with a lot of "surprising" celebrity deaths, anyone could have come out on top. (I scored nil points which seemed to be more of a challenge last year)

This year already, most of the deaths seem to have been much more "predictable" and it would appear that anyone who keeps abreast of extremely ill celebrity news will have plenty points already.

I have again gone with a completely random themed selection of mainly people in their 70s and "hope" for a lucky hit at some point. No research into current health levels - only if they were alive at the start of the year.

I've no problem with either approach as I was originally drawn to this thread by the mainly appalling but sometimes inspired puns!

Ex Rangers and Birmingham player and Motherwell manager Roger Hynd at 75
http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/02/19/roger-hynd-1942-2017/

Remember him purely as half of the answer to the question my first year maths teacher set; name two former Rangers players who had no vowels in their surname.

My mate was convinced there was a player called McSky! [emoji1]

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Remember him purely as half of the answer to the question my first year maths teacher set; name two former Rangers players who had no vowels in their surname.

My mate was convinced there was a player called McSky! emoji1.png

Had to think for a while but the other one is Prytz.

ETA: when I say 'for a while', I mean a minute.

Just now, Sweaty Morph said:

That was the one we all knew, Hynd has stuck with me ever since, since Mr Mackay revealed the answer. (Pre internet days!)

Feck.  Everyone knew it but, for me, it was really stretching my footballing knowledge.

Feck.  Everyone knew it but, for me, it was really stretching my footballing knowledge.

Probably more the era in which the question was posed; Robert Prytz was not long retired at the time and had been (IIRC) tenuously linked to Raith Rovers (Mr Mackay's team) at the twilight of his career.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Morph said:

My mate was convinced there was a player called McSky! emoji1.png

https://www.spellzone.com/unit03/quest2/index.cfm

Archived