The best football jokes thread

Walking through Dundee the other day and found a season ticket for Dens nailed to a tree, thought to myself, 'Oh I'm having that'. 

Can never have too many nails.

8)

Spoiler

sorry

I always liked one of Jasper Carrott's. It was a bit of a visual one but I'll try and transcribe it for you: 

"I was talking to the bloke next to me on the terraces at the Birmingham City match the other day..

(SHOUTS INTO THE DISTANCE) OI! MATE!"

Knock knock

Who's there?

Sev

Sev who?

Sevco. Because Rangers died and their fans let them whilst applauding bigot cretins like John 'Slavers' Brown and cheerleading guys like Whyte and Green who had to conceal laughter at how easily they tricked hordes of astonishingly thick and vile people (fans of Rangers, now Sevco).

Guy turns up outside Ibrox with a carrier bag. He takes out a football, a net bag and a length of bungee elastic. He ties the elastic round a lamppost, puts the ball in the bag and ties the other end of the elastic to the handles. All the while, the queue is watching him curiously. The guy puts the bag on the ground and now the queue can see the football has the Pope's face painted on it. The guy fixes a sign to the lamppost - KICK THE POPE IN THE FACE, £1.

"Ah'll have a go at that," says one of the Rangers supporters, and he hands the guy a pound then kicks the ball as hard as he can. Because it's on bungee elastic, the guy doesn't have to chase after it. The other supporters gather round and they have a go too, until the Ibrox gates open and they go inside.

Next home game the guy is back. They all have another go, some of them several times over. It happens at the next few home games too, and the crowd looks forward to it. Each week the guy leaves with a bag weighed down with cash.

And then one day he doesn't turn up. The punters are disappointed, because it had become part  of the match-day ritual. He's not at the next home game either, but by chance one of them bumps into the guy in Sauchiehall Street.

"Haw, Jimmy, are you going to be at Ibrox on Saturday with the kick the Pope thing?" he asks.

The guy replies, "Naw, there's no need. The chapel roof repairs are all paid for now!"

Archived