Bonnyrigg Rose at home vs Hibernian

thelegendthatis

3 minutes ago, db11 said:

HJ / Cycle if you have seen our ground you would realise its not suitable for a 3k + crowd

We seem to be in an unusual situation of a potential crowd of many times our capacity, also through qualifying as east  junior champions our ground isn't inspected.

Getting through 5 rounds of the cup wasn't expected!!!

I don't think anyone is denying this, I think it's very unlikely NDP would be deemed suitable for the tie. My point was that the decision isn't made on capacity, it's made on safety grounds. You won't be the first club to have a larger potential crowd than your capacity.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed and of course it held 1500+ v Dumbarton and a Bonnyrigg official says if told to play at Spartans they'd want to use NDP (i.e. assumes that's possible). From a police and H/S angle it's a question of whether things can still become unsafe by factors like ticketless fans. Albion Rovers have had all-ticket SPFL1 games but they got told different v Rangers and may be v Celtic over such.

Basically this issue can't go much further until it's known: (1) whether police and H/S factors make it possible to use NDP; and (2) if they do whether SFA will break with convention to let it be moved anyway - for a bigger crowd and to make more money. If either means it must or can be moved, there's then the question of how much latitude is allowed in picking an alternative.

10 minutes ago, taurus said:

Make it all ticket , sell your capacity end of story .

Live on the tv at ndp, would have been my prefence, with very few away fans.

It would give us a sniff of a chance

1 minute ago, db11 said:

If that's the case Cyclizine why not have it a Tynecastle  on safety grounds.

Spartans is further away and Meadowbank wont have had a crowd like that in years

I've never said it shouldn't be at Tynecastle if the match is moved. I've just been pointing out that:

a) matches are moved on safety, not capacity/financial grounds

b) the SFA decides where, based on the rules of the competition

15 minutes ago, db11 said:

If that's the case Cyclizine why not have it a Tynecastle  on safety grounds.

Spartans is further away and Meadowbank wont have had a crowd like that in years

I think previous posts have explained it clearly enough, but it first has to be established whether NDP can safely host the tie (with whatever capacity that could entail). Even if it can, it seems Bonnyrigg want to move anyway to achieve a bigger crowd and make more money. If either factor sees a move permitted the ground chosen will depend on how liberally SFA interprets "nearest ground of equivalent capacity".

EDIT: With regards to Meadowbank it happily hosted several thousand in a pre-season friendly v Hibs - in which match programme it says operating capacity is

4,625 excluding VIPs and officials [pay at gate - i.e. ticketed game with allocated seats is more]... current capacity is around 5,000 but depends on police and security instructions.

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

I think previous posts have explained it clearly enough, but it first has to be established whether NDP can safely host the tie (with whatever capacity that could entail). Even if it can, it seems Bonnyrigg want to move anyway to achieve a bigger crowd and make more money. If either factor sees a move permitted the ground chosen will depend on how liberally SFA interprets "nearest ground of equivalent capacity".

HJ I would go back to Ablion Rovers, why are they able to move the game.

You are quite correct, the mistake our committee has made is in saying we are looking to move game for financial reasons.

If anyone from the sfa is reading this, I reckon you could pack in 10k into ndp, but I wouldn't fancy being in the queue for a pee!!!

5 minutes ago, db11 said:

HJ I would go back to Ablion Rovers, why are they able to move the game.

Because it has been decided that Cliftonhill is not a suitable venue on safety grounds. Like, I imagine, New Dundas Park will be. At which point we will be told where the game will be switched to.

But you know this.

Spoiler
Spoiler
6 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Because it has been decided that Cliftonhill is not a suitable venue on safety grounds. Like, I imagine, New Dundas Park will be. At which point we will be told where the game will be switched to.

But you know this.

Difference is Cliftonhill has a capacity of 1500, we don't have a capacity as such.

Do you not find it strange that AR cant handle a game at home with 1500 fans

Just to continue this circular argument...

I'll be the first to admit that I find the Albion Rovers situation suspicious, although I don't think there's any evidence they're deliberately not spending on the ground and forcing big games to be moved for revenue reasons. The bottom line is the authorities have decided that Cliftonhill is not suitable and therefore their game will be switched. Something similar will, I imagine, happen when NDP is assessed.

54 minutes ago, taurus said:

Make it all ticket , sell your capacity end of story .

Exactly what I've been thinking all along and it's quite simple really plus It would  gives BRR the best chance of getting in about hibs for me in their own surroundings , if they beat hibs with the added proper home advantage then a further monetary gain could be had In the next round with the potential of rangers or Celtic away for example . 

Playing at Tynecastle would give a good monetary boost without a doubt but hibs know that ground like the back of their hand and footballing wise this would only help hibs for me . 

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I suppose if they backed themselves to get something at home you'd potentially be looking at a replay at ER live on TV.

I just think in a footballing sense playing it at Tynecastle only helps hibs as they're used to that sort of arena and potentially pumping a local junior team at your upmost rivals ground as holders could be a sweet thought for them, in comparison if played at Bonnyrigg then maybe the environment could hinder hibs and boost BRR? 

Were not going to be in with a shout against the Hibs. They are going to be too strong for us.

Hertha if Tynecastle is much better than NDP I would be surprised. Our park is like a bowling green, on a slope!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

In what way is it contradictory?

Cause u try to be funny and call them deid, and admit u changed the game to a better stadium than your own shite one to make more money, rangers when they were in the lower leagues gave clubs like yours extra cash that they dont get very often, so carry on wi your shit patter, east fife?? Lol aye arite

25 minutes ago, db11 said:

Were not going to be in with a shout against the Hibs. They are going to be too strong for us.

Hertha if Tynecastle is much better than NDP I would be surprised. Our park is like a bowling green, on a slope!!!!!!

A bowling green on a slope? 

That sounds like a ground I know quite well myself :) 

6 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Cause u try to be funny and call them deid, and admit u changed the game to a better stadium than your own shite one to make more money, rangers when they were in the lower leagues gave clubs like yours extra cash that they dont get very often, so carry on wi your shit patter, east fife?? Lol aye arite

So its not contradictory at all then. You just don't like what I said.

Lets go through this piece by piece. I said they were deid, which is true, much like if I said the sky is blue. It's not that funny. Yes we moved the game to a bigger stadium to garner more income and yes we received more income in League 1 when Sevco were in it. Again, there's nothing contradictory here. You're just raging that our small clubs aren't eternally grateful to the few thousand local orcs that flew through the gates twice that season and in the cup game, and you clearly think all clubs outwith the two cheeks should be extremely thankful for the privilege of hosting them. Glad we got to the bottom of that.

Archived