Bonnyrigg Rose at home vs Hibernian

thelegendthatis

9 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Lots of oddballs out there. Thankfully Bonnyrigg stick to the true pillars of society. 

Personally I'd say it's heavy jealousy at junior level and fear from lots of Hibs fans. 

Fear from Hibs fans :D

If the Rose really fancied their chances they would be going out their way to get it played at New Dundas Park. 

Hibs would be restricted to minimal tickets and with modern technology a live stream beaming back to Easter Road. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Van magic said:

Pretty sure live streaming at Easter road at 3pm on a Saturday would be a massive no no

Fair enough does it have to be 3 o c on a Saturday though ? 

Loads of varying kick off times and dates nowadays. 

It's aboot time the SFA got their arse in gear with the whole situation instead of keeping you guys guessing. 

Edit if held at New Dundas Park then it most certainly wouldn't be 3 o c on the Saturday.  

I remember going to the Sunday Bonnyrigg v Talbot Junior Cup semi at NDP a few years ago and saying to somebody I doubted if they could get many more in the park than they did that day. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, and Bonnyrigg would be daft if they weren't looking to maximise attendance and resulting cash generated such is the interest in this game.

You could theoretically still hold it at NDP, but as has been said previously, there are issues of segregation/access/H&S which might well limit the capacity even more and backfire - for instance the far side at NDP's quite undeveloped, and going by the SFA's criteria shouldn't have a crowd any more than three deep on the grass banking, so 2000 might be optimistic as what they'd actually cap it at.

At my club, we've regularly hosted local finals attracting well into four figures with no problems - the recent record being 1600-odd - but going by the arcane methods used to calculate capacity, when the LL team who used to groundshare at ours drew Talbot in the "big" Scottish the SFA capped attendance at something derisory - and strangely specific - like 630.

Hopefully they hurry up and announce Tynecastle as the venue and put this to bed. I just can't understand the mindset that would willingly put this match at a venue too small to accommodate the demand. 

It would also be nice to think that the bulk of the payday will go towards developing NDP into a venue fit to host this type of match in the future rather than the short-term gratification of buying players. The Junior fans on that other thread have been quick to seize on the notion of subsidy for Senior teams (wrongly) so there should be a willingness for Junior sides to stand on their own 2 feet as much as possible when it comes to these sort of ties. 

Christ, this discussion is just going round in circles.

1. You can't move a game just to have a bigger attendance and make more cash.

2. You can move a game if your ground isn't safe for the tie. This is not your decision, but one involving SFA, police, council etc.

3. The Rose's tie will in all likelihood be moved due to above, but it is not yet confirmed.

4. SFA rules say nearest appropriate ground of at least equivalent capacity. There are several options. I think most would think Tynecastle the best. It will depend on how the SFA interpret their own rules.

5. The Albion Rovers situation is exactly the same due to ground safety issues. We can argue until the cows come home about the state of Cliftonhill and how much they've spent on it, but the bottom line is the authorities have decided it is not suitable. Deliberate lack of investment is speculation, however accurate it might be...

13 minutes ago, ian44wood said:

You do. 

Naw I don't.  Ave been on this thread explaining myself over and over.  It's a personal opinion that I think if your in the cup you should host your home game at your home ground no matter the crowd.  As for whether it's at ndp or tynecastle that doesn't bother me. I'll prob take it in at tynecastle. I wouldn't at ndp.  I see nobody with an issue. Just folk with opinions on where they would like it if it was there team.  Me I would want it at our home ground.  Is that simple enough 

10 hours ago, calmac25 said:

I'm not sure when Beith last played at NDP? One of the main problems Bonnyrigg have is that the ground only has 3 entrances/exits and they are all along the same side. Behind either goal is a narrow walk way so there is no room to put temporary catering or toilet's on the far side in order to segregate the crowd. I just can't see how they'd manage too.

When Talbot played Heart's it was said that the replay couldnt be at Beechwood despite that being one of the best grounds in the Juniors.

Personally I'd love to see the game at NDP but just wont work, I think some of the occasion will be lost with it being at Tynecastle

The replay wouldn't have been at Beechwood as it would have been midweek  and Talbot don't have floodlights.

Genuinely don't know what woud have happened if the original tie was drawn in reverse with Talbot at home

The replay wouldn't have been at Beechwood as it would have been midweek  and Talbot don't have floodlights.
Genuinely don't know what woud have happened if the original tie was drawn in reverse with Talbot at home

We played Brechin in a replay on a Saturday,same with Turriff

35 minutes ago, wingnut said:

Bumble I couldn't care about the money side of things tbh,I'm just glad it's Tynie as that's prob the safest option and hopefully get a good crowd along.

Was just out of curiosity how they go about splitting mate.!!  I'll be looking at taking it in. Feel free to get me a ticket haha 

2 hours ago, wingnut said:

Bumble I couldn't care about the money side of things tbh,I'm just glad it's Tynie as that's prob the safest option and hopefully get a good crowd along.

Course it's about the money  wingy Meadowbank and even Ainslie Park were perfectly safe options. 

The Rose have played a blinder here, any non league team would be the same. 

1 hour ago, wingnut said:

Not got a clue but there will be a few quid for polis,security etc.

Yes and they don't come cheap either.  

Let's not forget it's a great opportunity for the players to savour. 

I reckon it'll be £15 and £10 entry.

I still can't get over Albion Rovers  moving.

The SFA will need to alter their rulebooks. 

Scottish fitba at its best.

Archived