Bonnyrigg Rose at home vs Hibernian

thelegendthatis

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mistake we have made is mentioning maximising revenue from game when we should be talking about how our ground is unsuitable venue for the game

In a nutshell. There are no segregated toilets or food at ndp. Huge issue, and one that the Rose will be well aware of should they get through to this kind of game again.

It's not like we're playing against Arbroath and their 13-20 travelling fans, were up against the cup holders and there's a massive interest in the game.

5 minutes ago, BS7 said:

In a nutshell. There are no segregated toilets or food at ndp. Huge issue, and one that the Rose will be well aware of should they get through to this kind of game again.

It's not like we're playing against Arbroath and their 13-20 travelling fans, were up against the cup holders and there's a massive interest in the game.

Ageed. There is a big issue with Hibs given the Hearts stronghold in the dressing room

I wouldn't trust their fans to find the ground. 

9 minutes ago, BS7 said:

But would you normally undersell yourself so much if for example you had to prove the ground was good to simply enter the SCOTTISH senior cup? 

We normally have no  toilet / pie hut/ fan segregation but managed against morton with a makeshift pie stall / people doing shuttle runs from the canteen , portable toilets and fenced off areas / makeshift tables & turnstiles to further enhance segregation. 

There is a big difference between not being able to and not wanting to In terms of trying to maximise money here. 

If we had drawn you in the cup we would've easily took 400-500 pipe doon we travel quite well and this would be soon as a cracking Scottish cup draw so double a usual away crowd

Whats the difference between us and Albion Rovers here mate?

I think there is a difference

I don't think Rovers should be allowed to move games. They're a senior club, their ground should be suitable for occasions like Celtic at home or a big club at home they happen regularly for senior clubs

Bonnyrigg aren't they wouldn't expect a game like this it's a complete one off there ground doesn't have to be a certain standard in the league they play in they should move it to get everyone in that wants to get in once in a lifetime thing

Spot on Lichtie, we qualified for Scottish cup. Our ground isn't subject to same rules as everyone else.

Bonnyrigg can't do up their ground or spend loads on it on the off chance they win league, qualify for Scottish and get to 4th round and draw a big club, that would be insane

However Albion Rovers know fine well they will be playing games like this season in season out every year they shouldn't be allowed moving

Bonyrigg should

I thought juniors looked out for each other?? Can tell why other clubs would be annoyed because there'll be 8-15k there I reckon but if it was any other junior club you'd think they'd do the same

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bonnyrigg can't do up their ground or spend loads on it on the off chance they win league, qualify for Scottish and get to 4th round and draw a big club, that would be insane

However Albion Rovers know fine well they will be playing games like this season in season out every year they shouldn't be allowed moving

Bonyrigg should

I thought juniors looked out for each other?? Can tell why other clubs would be annoyed because there'll be 8-15k there I reckon but if it was any other junior club you'd think they'd do the same

Lots of oddballs out there. Thankfully Bonnyrigg stick to the true pillars of society. 

Personally I'd say it's heavy jealousy at junior level and fear from lots of Hibs fans. 

Cliftonhill has a capacity of 1500. I cant see how AR cant manage this. No mention of maximising revenue and they can change venue no problem.

Our ground has no official capacity, no segregation, not suitable for away support in the thousands, sense tells you tynecastle is the only suitable venue

40 minutes ago, db11 said:

Morton bring a couple of hundred fans to your gaff

Potential attendance for us v Hibs is 10k +

If Beith had drawn gers/tic would they be looking to hold game at home?

I honestly don't see the problem there if for example the maximum crowd was 2000 and then produce an all ticket affair  accordingly if allowed . 

English teams manage it okay and it adds to the romance of the cup. 

I honestly don't see the problem there if for example the maximum crowd was 2000 and then produce an all ticket affair  accordingly if allowed . 

English teams manage it okay and it adds to the romance of the cup. 

I'm not sure when Beith last played at NDP? One of the main problems Bonnyrigg have is that the ground only has 3 entrances/exits and they are all along the same side. Behind either goal is a narrow walk way so there is no room to put temporary catering or toilet's on the far side in order to segregate the crowd. I just can't see how they'd manage too.

When Talbot played Heart's it was said that the replay couldnt be at Beechwood despite that being one of the best grounds in the Juniors.

Personally I'd love to see the game at NDP but just wont work, I think some of the occasion will be lost with it being at Tynecastle

Archived