B.R.A. v Hibernian's ***-Hammering Hampden Heroes (Holders)

Mon Dieu

Bonnyrigg Rose

beat The Sons blue

The Hibs Boyz feel three

two beat your sons too.

TIME FOR HOLDERS

I would really like to go to this game; the novelty of watching Hibs as 'Scottish Cup holders', hosted by the real heart of Midlothian, makes this game a really significant fixture in our club's history. The 'real rivalry': Real Hearts v Hibarcelona.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait, hopefully we can get a good turnout from both teams.

A half and half scarf is a must for me that day!!! Got the bairn telling me he is going in the Hibs end but for pure novelty and nostalgic reasons I must be in the Bonnyrigg end that day I expect about half of the Rose support will have similar feelings, fully expect a Hibs win but to see 2 teams that I care for the most go at it will be special.

We will probably win this comfortably by about 4 or 5 but hopefully there's a decent crowd. Rocking up to tynecastle as Scottish cup winners will be excellent and I hope we bring the trophy with us.

I imagine if it is at Tynie then Bonnyrigg will get the roseburn?

We will probably win this comfortably by about 4 or 5 but hopefully there's a decent crowd. Rocking up to tynecastle as Scottish cup winners will be excellent and I hope we bring the trophy with us.

I imagine if it is at Tynie then Bonnyrigg will get the roseburn?

Probably not, they're the home team after all and they'll attract a big crowd of neutrals and especially Hearts fans. It might only be us that get the Roseburn need to wait and see I guess.

Would love to see the game a sellout to allow Bonnyrigg to make as much as they can from the game.

I'm not making any score predictions though, Celtic only beat East Kilbride 2-0 and I'd happily take the same score line.

So Tynecastle holds what 17000, the main stand holds about 3300, as do the stands behind both goals (maybe slightly more) so the Wheatfield holds maybe 7000?

TBF I have no idea what kind of support we will bring but everyone I have spoke to have said they are going, maybe somewhere around the 3k mark so an end behind the goals should suffice, maybe keep half the main stand just incase? Pure guess work though.

Its the Hibs supports appetite for this game which will make the numbers, hopefully its competitively priced so we can get nearish to a full house.

So Tynecastle holds what 17000, the main stand holds about 3300, as do the stands behind both goals (maybe slightly more) so the Wheatfield holds maybe 7000?

TBF I have no idea what kind of support we will bring but everyone I have spoke to have said they are going, maybe somewhere around the 3k mark so an end behind the goals should suffice, maybe keep half the main stand just incase? Pure guess work though.

Its the Hibs supports appetite for this game which will make the numbers, hopefully its competitively priced so we can get nearish to a full house.

I'd say that as the home team, Bonnyrigg deserve the chance to sell as many tickets as they possibly can. I see no issue with Hibs being given the roseburn & then issued additional tickets from elsewhere in the stadium provided Bonnyrigg haven't sold them.

There will be a huge interest in this from Hearts fans who will be desperate to see Hibs get beat and there's also the novelty factor of Hibs being given an away tie in the city. This game could sell out I've no doubt about that.

If Dundas Park isn't capable of hosting a tie then why were they permitted into the tournament in the first place

All teams should be made to declare which stadium they are using at the start of each season and that should be the final decision. None of this switching grounds citing financial reasons. And as I've said previously due to facilities

Now however seen as the game looks certain to be moved to Tynecastle then only 3,000 (capacity of Dundas Park according Wikipedia) of the ticket sales should be divvied up between the two clubs. Any monetary gains above an attendance off 3,000 should be put towards youth football in Scotland

I have no qualms about going to Tynecastle as It'll be much easier for me to get tickets and if the weather is bad then a 25 will see me alright from door to door. Add in the fact that the playing surface will probably suit Hibs better but the point of principle stands. If a teams ground isn't capable of hosting such a fixture then they should not be permitted entry into the tournament

32 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Now however seen as the game looks certain to be moved to Tynecastle then only 3,000 (capacity of Dundas Park according Wikipedia) of the ticket sales should be divvied up between the two clubs. Any monetary gains above an attendance off 3,000 should be put towards youth football in Scotland

Brilliant idea!

7 hours ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

If Dundas Park isn't capable of hosting a tie then why were they permitted into the tournament in the first place

All teams should be made to declare which stadium they are using at the start of each season and that should be the final decision. None of this switching grounds citing financial reasons. And as I've said previously due to facilities

I have no qualms about going to Tynecastle as It'll be much easier for me to get tickets and if the weather is bad then a 25 will see me alright from door to door. Add in the fact that the playing surface will probably suit Hibs better but the point of principle stands. If a teams ground isn't capable of hosting such a fixture then they should not be permitted entry into the tournament

We are in the tournament  because we qualified for it by winning the the super league.

We aren't changing ground for financial reasons but because our ground isn't suitable for 2k+ fans, if there is the potential for a 10k+ crowd I think it should be moved,

as ive said elsewhere how are albion rovers able to move their game but it is a big issue for us

You need to remember we have come through 5 rounds to get to the 4th round.

Also our playing surface is superb and the slope might suit your lot

12 hours ago, db11 said:

We are in the tournament  because we qualified for it by winning the the super league.

We aren't changing ground for financial reasons but because our ground isn't suitable for 2k+ fans, if there is the potential for a 10k+ crowd I think it should be moved,

as ive said elsewhere how are albion rovers able to move their game but it is a big issue for us

You need to remember we have come through 5 rounds to get to the 4th round.

Also our playing surface is superb and the slope might suit your lot

As you say Albion Rovers seem to get away lightly every time they move a big game, as mentioned previously on here by various folk everyone else in the SPFL has managed to stage games with either side of the Old Firm.

I would imagine with lack of entrances and exits it would be near impossible to stage a game like Hibs at NDP, its a shame bu in these 'elf and safety' obsessed times you can do nothing else but move. Sure BR will make a few quid moving to Tynie (if it goes there) but too many folk are speculating how much they would make not taking into account how much it would cost to rent the stadium along with the police and stewarding, I would imagine it costs quite a few quid to stage a visit from Hibs there.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

As you say Albion Rovers seem to get away lightly every time they move a big game, as mentioned previously on here by various folk everyone else in the SPFL has managed to stage games with either side of the Old Firm.

I would imagine with lack of entrances and exits it would be near impossible to stage a game like Hibs at NDP, its a shame bu in these 'elf and safety' obsessed times you can do nothing else but move. Sure BR will make a few quid moving to Tynie (if it goes there) but too many folk are speculating how much they would make not taking into account how much it would cost to rent the stadium along with the police and stewarding, I would imagine it costs quite a few quid to stage a visit from Hibs there.

As ww found out against Celtic, it's not that straight forward just playing at a bigger stadium. 

On 12/10/2016 at 14:01, RadgerTheBadger said:

...so for a really small club to make any decent money from a home game against a bigger club, they will have to ensure their own stadium is ridiculously over-sized for their normal needs?

TadgerTheBadger more like.

Archived