Fermers v Lichties

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The chance in the first half when an Adam clearance bounced all the way to our box and Ricky stayed on his line was bewildering. Even worse was the Forfar boy missed it. We need a big CB like Malcolm who would deal with that

Fed up reading this pish about needing a ''big'' CB, why? Little and Hamilton have played 12 league games together at centre half this season and we have now kept 5 clean sheets  , they have been excellent, I don't think there's a comparison in the lower leagues and before anyone mentions Clyde on Tuesday night let's all accept that game for what it was..  freakish! 

4 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

This is big news. Who would become chairman? Same old faces or someone from outside? Is your source reliable?

As far as today's game , I assume it was G.B's tactics for Adam to bypass midfield and punt high balls up to our diminutive front two. The man is a tactical genius! 

Does it matter who becomes chairman? We all know who is in total charge, whoever is on the board. That is why we have a crap stand, portacabins instead of buildings and an impenetrable clique keeping people well away from the front door, no matter how well intentioned. Get him out of there, and watch the Club prosper.

Genuinely one of the worst games of football I have seen in a long, long time.

A regular over the last few seasons I haven't been to Station Park this year (or much since DC left) but if that is the way Bollan has his team playing then f**k me he is stuck in the dark ages with that utter garbage served up yesterday. The midfield was bypassed every single time and the constant long balls to nobody were utterly pointless. First time I have seen a few of the players but MacKintosh and Scott stood out as the worst of the bunch. All in all a pretty pathetic 'performance' from Forfar.

9 hours ago, needtosay said:

Fed up reading this pish about needing a ''big'' CB, why? Little and Hamilton have played 12 league games together at centre half this season and we have now kept 5 clean sheets  , they have been excellent, I don't think there's a comparison in the lower leagues and before anyone mentions Clyde on Tuesday night let's all accept that game for what it was..  freakish! 

Agree. Statistically the best defence in the league. A great CB pairing and some decent options on the bench.

You definitely cannot judge anything by our cup exit at Clyde. We were beaten by ridiculous refereeing and a couple of fine strikes from range.. I note that Clyde had yet another penalty yesterday.

Great to get a win out of that game. We have failed to win plenty of games this season that we should have so good to get a win in a game that could have gone either way.

Some miss by Scott in the first minute and we really should have scored before half time.

Felt forfar were the better team for the first 20 of the second half and a great goal line clearance from gold to keep it all square.

Not sure why Dunlop came on and it almost cost us when Denholm ran right round him but failed to score. We should have wrapped it up with that breakaway. A bit more composure from Prunty and he would have scored. Really thought forfar had equalised at the end with a great effort but not to be.

We need to play a lot better going forward but all to play for for the second half of the season.

with hamilton playing cb maybe takes an edge of our attack . hamilton is very good as an attacking full back gets up and down the line all day in support of linn but agree playing well in the cb position
surely there is no debate now, Hammy is a centre-back, been terrific there

1 hour ago, Big lichtie said:

with hamilton playing cb maybe takes an edge of our attack . hamilton is very good as an attacking full back gets up and down the line all day in support of linn but agree playing well in the cb position

The thing is if we want an attacking full back who gets up and down the line for 90 minutes, assists the winger in front of him and has never let us down whenever called upon we have one of them on the bench.

I think Hammy has been fantastic at CB so far, potentially my player of the year up till now (Davie Gold would obviously win it but I consider him to be super human and therefore ineligible).

Very few outstanding players yesterday, thought Tam O'Brien was tremendous for Forfar and Hamilton decent for us. Gold was a little suspect under the high ball, and Sukar was okay defensively but his distribution was poor. Whatley and McCord were caught up the pitch a few times in the second half, leaving gaps in midfield, but played well in the second half. I liked Skelly and Linn on the wings, maybe would've had them switch over more often. Doris played well enough I thought, and while Jimmy Scott wasn't as bad as he had been recently, he just permanently seems to be offside. Kader was hot and cold when he came on, decent with the ball but poor without it. Bringing Dunlop on for Gold was bizarre, Gold didn't seem injured or anything. Prunty had a great chance to double our lead, and really should've scored. Nothing has gone for him this season, hope he manages to get a goal soon as I reckon he's a lot to give to this team. A really poor game to watch overall, but seeing Grant Adam absolutely seething towards the end made it all worth it. Only 4 points behind Forfar, don't know how many times I've said this this season, but we really do have to kick on now and go on a decent run.

Very few outstanding players yesterday, thought Tam O'Brien was tremendous for Forfar and Hamilton decent for us. Gold was a little suspect under the high ball, and Sukar was okay defensively but his distribution was poor. Whatley and McCord were caught up the pitch a few times in the second half, leaving gaps in midfield, but played well in the second half. I liked Skelly and Linn on the wings, maybe would've had them switch over more often. Doris played well enough I thought, and while Jimmy Scott wasn't as bad as he had been recently, he just permanently seems to be offside. Kader was hot and cold when he came on, decent with the ball but poor without it. Bringing Dunlop on for Gold was bizarre, Gold didn't seem injured or anything. Prunty had a great chance to double our lead, and really should've scored. Nothing has gone for him this season, hope he manages to get a goal soon as I reckon he's a lot to give to this team. A really poor game to watch overall, but seeing Grant Adam absolutely seething towards the end made it all worth it. Only 4 points behind Forfar, don't know how many times I've said this this season, but we really do have to kick on now and go on a decent run.

Good and fair assessment

Thought Linn wasn't as good as usual but won that important FK

What number was ToB?

Eta: regarding gold I genuinely think it was done to make our back 4 more physical as they'd just brought on the big guy peters and had launched it up the park all game. Felt they dragged us into that too the longer the game went on the less football we played which really isn't like us

Archived