General Update

A quick update for you all on a few things P&B.

Software Upgrade
Don't panic, it's actually already happened. I ran through an upgrade last night, not a biggie but a load of bug fixes and the introduction of our new "Leaderboard" where members can check their rep score on any given day, month or any other time period. You can win trophies for posting the most engaging content on a given day and these show in your profile.

Greenies & Reds
As part of the above, Gold members can now give out up to 25 green dots a day, and 10 reds. Platinum members can give out up to 100 green dots a day and 15 reds.

Support
Support has been pretty abysmal on here the last year or so. From today onwards I'm going to try and spend some time every single day looking at the support queue and answering questions. I don't generally respond to personal messages so instead if you have a problem or a question please use the Support tab at the top of the site. I will look at the queue every single day going forward so you shouldn't wait any longer than 24 hours for a response.

The queue is now clear so if you have an outstanding issue you want me to look at please go in there and create a new case.

Adverts
We have hopefully got to the bottom of the advertising issues that we have had on and off the last few weeks. The ad guys have been trying new creatives which fill the side of the screen on large desktop displays. I like these as when they work they don't affect the forum itself. We've currently switched off the advert that appeared inside topics but hope to restore that once we have fixed the blank page issue it caused.

I know loads of you use Ad Blockers but the fairest way of using the site is either viewing the adverts, or taking out a Platinum Members subscription using the Store link at the top of the page. The site does cost quite a bit to run every month and these adverts and subscriptions keep it going and pay for my cocaine habit.

Going Forward
I'm hoping generally to spend a bit more time on here in 2017, giving the place a bit more attention than I was able to do this last year apart from the severe trauma of the upgrade in the summer. It's not been the best year for the site in many ways but hopefully next year will be better.

Cheers

The formatting on the leaderboard is all cocked up boss, but that may just be my shitty work computer. It's as wide as the Atlantic Ocean and can't see anything.

Good stuff though

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

The formatting on the leaderboard is all cocked up boss, but that may just be my shitty work computer. It's as wide as the Atlantic Ocean and can't see anything.

Good stuff though

Working fine for me bud, you using Internet Explorer 6 or some other shit?

12 minutes ago, Div said:

Working fine for me bud, you using Internet Explorer 6 or some other shit?

IE11. That was indeed the issue. I have now moved onto Chrome, sheer laziness to stick with IE anyway. 

Hiya, Div.

Just to pick up on the leaderboard. Is there any reason this only seems to display content from the 8th Nov? Can that perimeter be changed to show all-time content?

'Top rated content' was an easy way to find posts like 'Cheerio from Chigsy' and the time Eddie Munster shagged a hunchback. Without that, it's pretty hard to locate those posts.

Also a red-dot hall of fame would be fun, too.

Merci.

ETA: Forget that. Just realised theres a tiny little box that lets you change the dates yourself. My bad.

Yeah default is the last month, but you can change the time period using the drop down.

Ordinarily I would have to red dot you for your stupidity and wasting my time, but since it's Xmas and you are using the new feature, I will give you a greeny.

12 hours ago, weirdcal said:

The app has lost your logo on android was wondering about the big t

3 hours ago, Essdee said:

Also got the generic Tapatalk icon on Android.

Not sure what happened there but the our branding seems to have got lost in the latest binary build we submitted.

I've fixed and re-submitted another version in the last half hour which should apply shortly and fix the issue on your devices.

On 06/12/2016 at 12:35, Div said:

A quick update for you all on a few things P&B.

Software Upgrade
Don't panic, it's actually already happened. I ran through an upgrade last night, not a biggie but a load of bug fixes and the introduction of our new "Leaderboard" where members can check their rep score on any given day, month or any other time period. You can win trophies for posting the most engaging content on a given day and these show in your profile.

Greenies & Reds
As part of the above, Gold members can now give out up to 25 green dots a day, and 10 reds. Platinum members can give out up to 100 green dots a day and 15 reds.

Support
Support has been pretty abysmal on here the last year or so. From today onwards I'm going to try and spend some time every single day looking at the support queue and answering questions. I don't generally respond to personal messages so instead if you have a problem or a question please use the Support tab at the top of the site. I will look at the queue every single day going forward so you shouldn't wait any longer than 24 hours for a response.

The queue is now clear so if you have an outstanding issue you want me to look at please go in there and create a new case.

Adverts
We have hopefully got to the bottom of the advertising issues that we have had on and off the last few weeks. The ad guys have been trying new creatives which fill the side of the screen on large desktop displays. I like these as when they work they don't affect the forum itself. We've currently switched off the advert that appeared inside topics but hope to restore that once we have fixed the blank page issue it caused.

I know loads of you use Ad Blockers but the fairest way of using the site is either viewing the adverts, or taking out a Platinum Members subscription using the Store link at the top of the page. The site does cost quite a bit to run every month and these adverts and subscriptions keep it going and pay for my cocaine habit.

Going Forward
I'm hoping generally to spend a bit more time on here in 2017, giving the place a bit more attention than I was able to do this last year apart from the severe trauma of the upgrade in the summer. It's not been the best year for the site in many ways but hopefully next year will be better.

Cheers

"charity donations", shirley?

Archived