Future Fixtures??

The Ilford Drummer

1 hour ago, jazzy said:

I will say as I have already mentioned his name on here on another thread.He is Mr Kennie Young ex Lugar secretary and past president of the West Region. I know he is in the running for the post and he would like the support of the clubs. Instead of moaning on here give him your support

Kennie wants to be fixture secretary now ffs. He's another relic from Ayrshire association days though a far more assessable and likeable chap than the present incumbent. What makes you think Kennie can do better ?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kennie wants to be fixture secretary now ffs. He's another relic from Ayrshire association days though a far more assessable and likeable chap than the present incumbent. What makes you think Kennie can do better ?

Well clearly he is a past member of the West Region but surely if yous are calling for change he is entitled to a go at the position and be judged on his performance. I'm sure he will prove he is capable and he will be shot down here when he does something that ruffles your feathers

6 hours ago, jazzy said:

I have it on good authority that indeed someone is standing against him at the next AGM.I just hope that someone gets the required support of the disgruntled clubs or we will just have to suck up to more years of the same disregard for the clubs needs

There is no need for anyone to actually stand against the saintly Mr Robertson, he has stated his intention to stand down. So it is for the potential new general secretaries to stand against each other, presuming that there will actually be more than one candidate for what is a highly demanding and time consuming job. There is a lot more to it than just making up a fixture list.

By the way it is not a case of his Lanarkshire friends voting him in year after year, there has not been an election for the post for many years.

I hope all the clubs are prepared to dig deep into their pockets for his retiral present to mark his many years od dedicated work for the region. A solid gold grandfather clock would be greatly appreciated I think.

13 hours ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Get up to speed,he has with drawn said intention.

This is going to be interesting . Spoke to Kennie Young at Dalry on Saturday and he said he was standing.   During the conversation he never once mentioned the present secretary in any capacity which I thought was honourable.

19 hours ago, jazzy said:

Well clearly he is a past member of the West Region but surely if yous are calling for change he is entitled to a go at the position and be judged on his performance. I'm sure he will prove he is capable and he will be shot down here when he does something that ruffles your feathers

Did Kennie put his name forward when the present secretary said he was standing down or after he had changed his mind ? 

Or did the present secretary change his mind on retirement when he knew Kennie wanted the job.

1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

An the farce continues .

No gonna back the guy up here but he has all this week to get fixtures out. I'd say he has till Friday.  The weather coming in will wipe out any games for xmas period.  There be jack shit till 7th now.  So I'll guess at they will be out by end of the week 

No gonna back the guy up here but he has all this week to get fixtures out. I'd say he has till Friday.  The weather coming in will wipe out any games for xmas period.  There be jack shit till 7th now.  So I'll guess at they will be out by end of the week 

Sorry mate but that's a bag of shite . Had 2 weeks to put these fixtures out but for reasons known only to him he hasn't bothered .

Did Kennie put his name forward when the present secretary said he was standing down or after he had changed his mind ? 
Or did the present secretary change his mind on retirement when he knew Kennie wanted the job.

Kennie had intimated to some members of the management committee after the AGM that he was interested in applying for the post.The present secretary then changed his mind due to a change in his family circumstances. I hope that clears up your questions

2 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Sorry mate but that's a bag of shite . Had 2 weeks to put these fixtures out but for reasons known only to him he hasn't bothered .

How's it a bag of shite haha. Am merely stating what I think he's doing. They'll be released by end of the week is my guess 

Archived