Partick Thistle vs Brendan Rogers' Celtic

Thistle put in a good shift against The Rangers & if they do that again & we have an off day then who knows but I still get the feeling this may well be a historical unbeaten season for us.

Missed the Motherwell game cos I was working & it's arguably been the game of the season in the top flight. Working again on Friday night so hopefully I don't miss another cracker. Might get to catch it on TV.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Sick in the Basin said:

Yep....maybe you're right......

IMG_0966.JPG

The difference being I don't mention budgets when we play Barca or Man City. This tends to be the chat on here any time we play anyone so they can get their excuses in early.

Cheers anyway :thumsup2

All very well saying we should go out there and play like we did against Rangers,  but they made us look good in parts with their absolutely dreadful passing.  I don't expect we'll be afforded the same chance here.  

Just go out and look like we think we have some chance, that would be nice.  I won't be there unfortunately/fortunately, so hopefully I'm disappointed at the end of the night that I wasn't, rather than disappointed because we've been absolutely ridden again.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

The difference being I don't mention budgets when we play Barca or Man City. This tends to be the chat on here any time we play anyone so they can get their excuses in early.

Cheers anyway :thumsup2

Spot on Romeo to be fair - the defeatist attitude does my head in. As previous posters have mentioned - if Thistle turn up, look as though they have an ounce of belief, remember this is allegedly a derby, give their all and lose there will be no complaints here.

If however we sit off you, inviting waves of attack and don't lay a glove that to me is as much if not more so about mentality than ability - Celtics results vBarca then City are a case in point.

We all know where we sit in the food chain - Thistle are to Celtic what Celtic are to Barca etc...bleating about budgets ain't gonna change that anytime soon but hopefully a Jags player can enjoy his Tony Watt moment come Friday !

21 minutes ago, Sick in the Basin said:

Spot on Romeo to be fair - the defeatist attitude does my head in. As previous posters have mentioned - if Thistle turn up, look as though they have an ounce of belief, remember this is allegedly a derby, give their all and lose there will be no complaints here.

If however we sit off you, inviting waves of attack and don't lay a glove that to me is as much if not more so about mentality than ability - Celtics results vBarca then City are a case in point.

We all know where we sit in the food chain - Thistle are to Celtic what Celtic are to Barca etc...bleating about budgets ain't gonna change that anytime soon but hopefully a Jags player can enjoy his Tony Watt moment come Friday !

There's a good reason why we have such a defeatest attitude going into these games.

We've scored three goals against Celtic in three seasons. One of the worst Celtic teams in years too.

Archibald's record against the bigger clubs since we've been promoted has been absolutely stinking beyond belief. We've yet to take a single point from Celtic, we've taken 5 points from Aberdeen in 3 and a half seasons, we've lost every single game against Hearts (excluding their relegation season) and we've absolutely shat it from a dreadful Rangers team - twice.

Merry fucking Christmas.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

There's a good reason why we have such a defeatest attitude going into these games.

We've scored three goals against Celtic in three seasons. One of the worst Celtic teams in years too.

Archibald's record against the bigger clubs since we've been promoted has been absolutely stinking beyond belief. We've yet to take a single point from Celtic, we've taken 5 points from Aberdeen in 3 and a half seasons, we've lost every single game against Hearts (excluding their relegation season) and we've absolutely shat it from a dreadful Rangers team - twice.

Merry fucking Christmas.

Agreed up to a point - all im asking is that the team don't give the impression we're fecked before a ball is kicked - a bit of fight seems all too often lacking and regardless of outcome given these guys are paid for the pleasure that sticks in my throat 

Archived