Documentary about football

Le Tout P'ti FC

On 12/6/2016 at 20:21, locheedfcno1 said:

Watched this on iPlayer this afternoon. It actually makes the old firm fans not look so bad!! Never thought I would say that. It was rotten on the young player getting slapped from a fan in the stadium. The 2 players had some bottle to sign for them though or fukin stupid

The way I saw it is that I don't think the players had a choice but to move

The way I saw it is that I don't think the players had a choice but to move

That was my thoughts as well.

The goalkeeper is chased out for making them welcome, the Midfielder who supported La Familia is made captain and the chairman and manager are both sacked.

Funnily enough, according to Wikipedia they have signed Muslims before and nothing was really said. I wonder how much of the trouble this time was caused by Ultras. Even the clubs offices getting firebombed was ridiculous.

• 2 months later...
On 05/12/2016 at 09:46, lanky_ffc said:

Is this the film you're meaning? https://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2014/feb/19/next-goal-wins-trailer-documentary-video

There's also James Montague book about this and he was on the Squawka football podcast last Thursday talking about it amongst other things:  http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/thirty-one-nil-9781408851630/

Next Goal Wins is on Amazon Prime if anyone has that. Not got round to watching it yet. Watched One Night in Turin (also on Prime) the other week which is about England at Italia 90. Was better than I thought it would be, partly because it was narrated by Gary Oldman and partly because of the tremendous soundtrack. However, the claims that Gazza was exceptional after his booking in the semi-final and only a few England fans caused trouble were quite amusing.

I Believe in Miracles about Brian Clough at Nottingham Forest is tremendous. Worth it just for the madman that was Kenny Burns if nothing else.

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Next Goal Wins is on Amazon Prime if anyone has that. Not got round to watching it yet. Watched One Night in Turin (also on Prime) the other week which is about England at Italia 90. Was better than I thought it would be, partly because it was narrated by Gary Oldman and partly because of the tremendous soundtrack. However, the claims that Gazza was exceptional after his booking in the semi-final and only a few England fans caused trouble were quite amusing.

I Believe in Miracles about Brian Clough at Nottingham Forest is tremendous. Worth it just for the madman that was Kenny Burns if nothing else.

Kenny should have had more caps. I can't make up my mind what at.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this counts as a "football documentary" really, but I watched the Rio Ferdinand programme about bereavement on catch up this week and it has stuck in my head since.

A difficult watch.

I can only say I hope it helped him and his family, but I'm sure it will help others and if I take nothing else away from it then the "memory jar" idea will stick with me should I ever find myself in his position.

Well done to him, sincerely.

• 1 month later...

I Believe in Miracles, about Nottingham Forest winning the European Cup, has just finished on BT Sport and was exceptional. Well worth watching.

It's not a documentary but The Miracle of Bern (Das Wunder von Bern) is partly based around Helmut Rahn and West Germany winning the 1954 World Cup. Worth watching if you get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Bbc alba 9pm tonight got a thing about dundee utd run to 87 Uefa cup final. They normally pretty good those alba docs. Hopefully plenty of shots of Lineker n El tel looking miserable [emoji38]

Watched tannadice doc this morning. Really good

What's the name of this doc, I can't find it on catchup anywhere???

Archived