Kris Boyd & Jamie Fullarton

On 12/6/2016 at 12:15, bunglebonce said:

This is one of the more considered thoughts on the matter, by Joel of the Terrace:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/why-the-luddites-are-wrong-about-ian-cathro-1-4309217

The Scotsman have written some pretty decent stuff lately and have a website that doesn't resemble something built on a template from freewebs or piczo in 2005.

Absolute shockeroonie that they are one of the few news outlets not based in Glasgow....

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2016 at 17:52, The_Judge said:

I didn't have any problems with Fullarton's views.  He was articulate and frank based upon both his experiences and information given to him by sources he trusts.  Tom English saying a mystery source "has just texted me to say something different" doesn't really hold any more weight with me than Fullarton's sources.

Tom English is a highly respected journalist, i.e. a profession that actually involves maintaining credible, anonymous sources; Fullarton is a shit, blowhard football pundit whose contact book of 'sources' amounts to fellow Scottish footballers doing their coaching badges and being equally raging as him for not getting a job. 

So no, it's really not the same thing at all then. 

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

On reflection maybe not, but I think back to his stint as Brechin manager.  He certainly gave no indication of learning from any mistakes he made at Falkirk , Hibs or  Dundee. His attitude to part time football was a little arrogant  and at times disrespectful.   He says the right things but his actions don't always match up.  He definitely knows how to manipulate people but he always has his own agenda. 

Perhaps he was being arrogant and disrespectful to part-time football, because he knows that it is a crap system stuffed with journeymen jumping from one pointless Angus club to another, over a fifteen year 'career'. If so, then that arrogance has served him well, as he won't be facing bumpkin outfits like yourselves again, other than for another Beith-style humping in the cups of course. 

He's on 5-live now as well. Him, Joey Barton and Charlie Adam have spent the past hour havering absolute shite about Scottish football. It's fucking embarrassing. 

I listened to this - longest discussion on Scottish fitba on 5 Live for a long time.

Jonathan Northcroft is a good dandy, but actually was very impressed with Barton.

Much more informed about our game than I felt he would be, and a long way from the banal cliches about our game I thought we'd get.

He also credited Hearts in the appointment of Cathro and left Boyd sounding a bit daft.

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I listened to this - longest discussion on Scottish fitba on 5 Live for a long time.

Jonathan Northcroft is a good dandy, but actually was very impressed with Barton.

Much more informed about our game than I felt he would be, and a long way from the banal cliches about our game I thought we'd get.

He also credited Hearts in the appointment of Cathro and left Boyd sounding a bit daft.

Norcroft was excellent. Barton is a smarter guy than he makes out, I actually like him. He's clearly on the wind up 90% of time because he speaks a lot of sense when he puts his mind to it. 

Just now, Heart of Northern said:

Surely Boyd should be more concerned about the team that's paying his wages rather than whoring himself around various radio stations. Seems to be trying to set himself up for some kind of shock Jock type pundit.

The man's a cocksocket 

I'd have him out on his fat arse if I was in charge at Kilmarnock

I think it's a disgrace that the BBC employ the self promoting, multi-convicted, violent thug Barton. Looks like he's virtually guaranteed a place with them when he finally stops playing. It really does beggar belief.

Maybe he's getting ready to jump rather than wait for the push? 

Probably, now he's heard that they are bringing in a cryo-chamber and he's worked out he'll be forced into a diet so he can fit inside the thing.

Archived