Juniors in the big Scottish do we deserve to be there?

Dipple burn

29 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Arniston Rangers recently got £105000 from the proceeds of crime or whatever they call it.

Apparently 93% of East Fife's turnover comes from people trafficking and drug money and Brechin tell weans that Santa doesn't exist. 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just hope Dunfermline isn't still shifting any prize money they win into Swiss bank accounts. There were so many accounts set up in such a smoke and mirrors way that the administrator and the accountants involved with Dunfermline AFC couldn't make sense of it.
Sustainable isn't a word I expected to hear from a Dunfermline supporter. Have a tantrum on me parsforlife. You deserve it given how you club has treated you. 

Not sure what relevance this has.

Masterton had all sorts of dodgy schemes going. An owner taking large sums out a club and mismanaging what was left isn't suitable, but that's nothing to do with the spfl structure.

22 hours ago, fueradejuego said:

Why can't you understand that all clubs generate their own income? And if you wish to classify prize money as a subsidy then Talbot have been getting subsidised due to their involvement in the Scottish Cup over the past few season.

Tell me the senior clubs who are not self reliant and who don't stand on their own two feet?

Senior football should be a closed shop and not about merit on the pitch?

Sorry guys, you're a cracking team but you only have a small stadium and the population of you town, well, that's just too small as well I'm afraid.

As HJ said above, this sort of thinking is all about the Juniors gaining plenty and offering up nothing in return whilst senior clubs lose out. It's in no way, a radical solution for Scottish football but it is a solution that you believe would see your team compete for honours. So its what you want.

I'd like to see an all in pyramid. Let teams find their own level with specific guidelines on facilities etc that need to be in position to reach certain levels e.g. floodlights. It will probably never happen due to various vested interests etc but I completely oppose your version of a modified closed shop simply because it suits you and your team.

My man your post would appear to contradict itself. You imply that putting a restriction on the top two senior leagues proposed is wrong, that it should be open to all, then say clubs must have floodlights? You then comment that Talbot are too small, which way is it? I assume your comment regarding a cracking team are about Talbot. My point is that Talbot, who despite the size of the town have a captive area that does generate a very good support. Their stadium could, with installation of crush barriers and some other safety measures, hold 6000 and some could argue they could go up the leagues if they wanted. However, they realise that they are not a senior club and will always be in the non league, they belong there. Don't get me wrong, at a level where they could, on occasion, give many seniors a run for their money in a national cup. I consider that the over ambition of the likes of Edinburgh City illustrates clearly that their inclusion to the seniors does nothing for it and compounds the problem of it being stagnant. The talk of Edinburgh suddenly attracting 450 extra fans is a stretch of the imagination beyond which mines can go, I saw what there fan base is no matter what has been written down for an "official attendance". One poster has regularly attended lower senior football and posted periodically that the official attendances at some bears no relation to how many are actually there, it looks better on record to have a few hundred than a few dozen. Those who defend the right to these clubs to gave over ambition miss the point. They would be better placed in my non league set up and senior football would be better placed with less small clubs. There should always be a path to the top, but only for the right club, or for one that can become one of proper status. Not Talbot, and certainly not Edinburgh! Two of dozens who would benifit from my proposal. 

I've been to an Edinburgh city game

They are not making their figures up

They've had some poor ones and some good ones

A 400 average would be correct

You thinking they're making it up is really fucking hilarious

Eta: from my years and years of going I'm actually convinced a lot of clubs punt the attendance figures down if anything

This stuff about administration, liquidation, and so on ignores the fact that - both in real terms and in proportion - more Juniors go defunct or into abeyance each season than Seniors.

EDIT: Isabel Goudie has always had a thing for knocking Edinburgh City, presumably ever since they beat them. "No mark club with no fans", IIRC.

Their crowd figures clearly aren't doctored, btw. I've been at a couple of games myself - plus their crowds in cup-ties have been:
and any doctoring of these figures would lead to their opponents questioning why their share of the gate didn't correspond to the crowd.

The seniors is hardly an absolutely fantastic set up with no flaws but the criticisms of it put forward in regards to SUBSIDIES and LOCAL FITBA really are a total nonsense and it just shows that these guys do not understand it at all.

And yeah I've seen a few Talbot fans have a bee in their bonnet about Edinburgh city. No idea why. Thing is now they are in these leagues there's a f**k load of potential for them. Huge city. New club coming through, if new people/fans aren't so keen on the pricing or top flight football and want some lower league stuff Edinburgh city could pick up some amount of support. Plenty of children with black and white on at the Arbroath home game. 40 ST holders from Tynecastle and ER too.

36 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Im not really getting your point here? They are an sfa member club as such i dont grudge them any sponsor money. If we joined the sfa leagues then we'd get it too. Given the sjfa has millions in the bank shouldnt we all be asking them why each club isnt being given an interest free loan to put their grounds in order?

With what as collateral, the grounds themselves?  That would be a disaster for some and impossible for others.

4 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

Burntisland Shipyard will get more cash from the SFA than any Junior club gets in a season.A club that lost 14-0 to Bonnyrigg in the cup!

As has been said many times on here, the criteria for joining the SFA well documented and are not exactly onerous. If Girvan, Banks o' Dee, Burntisland and Golspie can manage it, then there's no reason that others couldn't and get access to 'more cash'.

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

As has been said many times on here, the criteria for joining the SFA well documented and are not exactly onerous. If Girvan, Banks o' Dee, Burntisland and Golspie can manage it, then there's no reason that others couldn't and get access to 'more cash'.

Except you have to commit to the pyramid which at this point means a lower standard of league - for the bigger sides, or one largely based in the other side of the country, for the west sides.

I would have thought all clubs in Scotland come under the SFA, do you not mean gaining an Entry Level Licence? I seem to get the impression that the supporters of Junior clubs on here think their clubs don't come under the SFA and that the SJFA is a completely different governing body?.

Here is the current list of licenced clubs down to entry level http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/ClubLicensingStatusDec2016.pdf

6 minutes ago, CityDave said:

I would have thought all clubs in Scotland come under the SFA, do you not mean gaining an Entry Level Licence? I seem to get the impression that the supporters of Junior clubs on here think their clubs don't come under the SFA and that the SJFA is a completely different governing body?.

Here is the current list of licenced clubs down to entry level http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/ClubLicensingStatusDec2016.pdf

Yes, I meant achieving club licencing, rather than joining the SFA.

10 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Except you have to commit to the pyramid which at this point means a lower standard of league - for the bigger sides, or one largely based in the other side of the country, for the west sides.

I've seen this mentioned a lot, but I can't find where in the regulations it states this. I'm happy to be corrected.

SFA Licensing Manual 2017

Yes, I meant achieving club licencing, rather than joining the SFA.

I've seen this mentioned a lot, but I can't find where in the regulations it states this. I'm happy to be corrected.

SFA Licensing Manual 2017

It was the case around the time of Linlithgow's application - what the particualr clause was and whether it remains... it would be good to have clarification.

10 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

It was the case around the time of Linlithgow's application - what the particualr clause was and whether it remains... it would be good to have clarification.

Agreed.

I posted elsewhere recently that I'd stood next to one of the guys on the licencing committee at Bonnyrigg earlier this year.

I might get shot down for it being a Gregg's type story but like to think I'm reliable enough!

He said that there was no limit on teams who could apply but they had to commit to the pyramid.

I'm not sure what the 'commit' term means as Golspie, Glasgow Uni, Burntisland and Girvan have all been successful since and aren't in the pyramid.

Does Old Northerner still post as he seemed to be involved in the process at Haddington who sadly don't seem to have made any progress with their application?

5 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

But if yer ambitious enough ye would nae be in an "allegedly" lower standard of league for long surely  ?

Archived