Juniors in the big Scottish do we deserve to be there?

Dipple burn

why not they are entitled to,.saturday was just a step to far no team outwith the scottish premiership have any chance of getting to the final its good for our players to pit there wits against stronger opposition plus the fans enjoy it as well.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, williebhoy said:

why not they are entitled to,.saturday was just a step to far no team outwith the scottish premiership have any chance of getting to the final its good for our players to pit there wits against stronger opposition plus the fans enjoy it as well.

Championship sides are regularly in the final now to be fair.  

Hibs, Rangers, Falkirk, Queen of the South in the past 10 years. 

12 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Why in the name of the wee senior troll would I want to put a stupid name like that into google izadick.
Izadick and always will be a dick.emoji1.png

Evil-Laugh-GIF.gif

635721856880388184-1940121176_giphy%20(1

Junior thicko :lol:

tumblr_lnohilxlcl1qm7srzo1_500.gif?w=620

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Never realised that (obviously). Good crowds for a weekday afternoon.  Obviously the Lochee and Beith giro can stretch a bit further. 

The Beith game had the advantage of being played in early January when a lot of people would still be on Christmas holidays.

Do they still want to join?  I'll ask next time I'm through or if I get a chance to speak to one of them when they play City. Same might be said for Culter. As I said there is no relegation and therefore no promotion and currently entry is down to a league members vote which last time former Juniors Formartine Utd, Strathspey Th and Turriff Utd were successful in making the step up. None of these clubs were among the top teams when they applied and all have made huge steps forward as football clubs since. Where as the HL is the Northern basement part of the pyramid, its not a bad record that league has over the years in accepting Juniors.

As for BoD HL football will happen, so be patient. Also its worth keeping an eye on the progress of Colony Park over the next few seasons they seem to have a very good set up and club structure.

The point is there is no pyramid north of the Tay, there has been no change and licenced clubs cannot gain access.

The SFA don't shout about that when talking about their great new pyramid.

21 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Junior clubs cant go all high and mighty about subsidies etc considering the SJFA also gave out subsidies to keep clubs going during the winter a couple of years ago. If the sfa has the money and wants to spend it then they should subsidise however much they want or would people rather they just sat on the money? Im pretty sure the sjfa has a pretty big bank balance also that it could use to help give clubs grants to bring their grounds up to scratch if it so desired.

kilbowie that was an extreme situation due to the one of the worst winters in years when football clubs at all levels struggled.

11 hours ago, Toby said:

Don't know if it's been suggested, but since this thread was initially about the merits of Junior teams entering the Senior Cup, what about putting the shoe on the other foot?

How would the Juniors feel about the Highland, Lowland, East and South of Scotland and North Caledonian teams entering the Junior Cup, and it becoming an all encompassing non league tournament like the FA Trophy in England?

no issue from me and I have posted the same and explained where I live I have Lincoln City who are in the national league and 3rd round of the fa cup then Boston Utd int national league North, Grantham Town lower down also Lincoln Utd. All at their level big difference is they also have better grounds

To answer the question of the thread yes Junior teams who win their respective Premier Leagues and Scottish Junior Cup do deserve to be there on merit. Same as Scottish Premiership Champions deserve to be in the Champions League

2 hours ago, Quantum Leap said:

My God.!
This is the same old drivel you have posted on previous Junior related threads.
The same old childish nonsense dredged up over and over again.
Dear oh dear.
Do us all a favour you childish idiot and post cartoons on your own forum.

I'm quite fine laughing at you thanks.  

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

"Very little difference between Beith and lower Championship". But no junior fans say this stuff...

It was obviously a typo, he probably meant to say Bonnyrigg instead of Beith.

The Moonster will be on suicide watch as we speak, will we see him return and eat humble pie :lol:

Archived