Aberdeen v Kilmarnock, 6/12/16

7 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Some hearts fans are a bit odd. Attendances this, stadiums that. Anything but the actual game itself.

Paolo is incredibly odd. Remember when his team got papped out to Birkirkara and tried to argue about the size of Malta? Absolute basement-dwelling oddball who lives for the internet more than his actual club. Can't be older than 14. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Paolo is incredibly odd. Remember when his team got papped out to Birkirkara and tried to argue about the size of Malta? Absolute basement-dwelling oddball who lives for the internet more than his actual club. Can't be older than 14. 

The most embarrassing result ever for a Scottish team in Europe despite many challengers including a few by Scotland's most decorated European club.

11 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

The only pumping last season was the first game at tynecastle last season,the only bad thing being we took pity on you and eased up in the second half.

I could say the exact same about the 1-0 Scottish Cup mauling or the next time you shat your pants in Gorgie.

Just now, Dubford don said:

The most embarrassing result ever for a Scottish team in Europe despite many challengers including a few by Scotland's most decorated European club.

It's not even in the top five embarrassing results by Scottish clubs in Europe you fool. :lol:

Yourselves, Celtic, Rangers and Hibs have all had worse for starters.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I could say the exact same about the 1-0 Scottish Cup mauling or the next time you shat your pants in Gorgie.

It's not even in the top five embarrassing results by Scottish clubs in Europe you fool. :lol:

Yourselves, Celtic, Rangers and Hibs have all had worse for starters.

No Scottish team has ever lost to a diddier team in Europe ever.

Well that was pretty fucking good. I fear the damage to the fans' goodwill may already have been done this season, but it's nice to get a win and score a few goals. Hayes got MOTM which was fair enough although I might have gone for McLean.

Shit crowd made worse by the rain. Fair play to the Killie fans for getting along, can't have been much fun for them and I hope they get a heat on the bus home.

3 hours ago, Dubford don said:

No Scottish team has ever lost to a diddier team in Europe ever.

Tbf, we got beat off a team from a rock. 

Very good performance by Aberdeen. Felt a bit for Killie when we scored as they were the better team in the first 20 or so minutes. Pawlett was a little lucky with his goal and after that it was all Aberdeen. Hayes' first goal was absolutely brilliant, great build up, great finish. His second was almost as good, good lay off from Stockley, took it round the keeper and slotted it in.

McGinn deserved his goal too, played really well and I'm wondering why he hasn't started the previous two games. Thought McKenzie for Killie looked good and the Kilmarnock keeper, despite conceding five, pulled off a couple of really good saved. The Pawlett one was great though it led to O'Connor's goal, and twice he saved one on ones (against Maddison and Rooney).

McLean played really well as did Shinnie. Aberdeen's link up play was good and we played at pace and at times looked absolutely brilliant.

When was the last time we scored 5 in a league game?

When was the last time we scored 5 in a league game?

Had a quick check on Soccerbase. It looks like 19th Feb 2011 - five nil against the same opposition. Vernon, Aluko, Maguire, McArdle, Magennis.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I thought it was the Friday match with Dunfermline around that time but you may well be right

That was 4-0

Cathro's Hertz tumbling down the table already #BudgeOOT

Played well but we know we can play like that and beat teams like Kilmarnock.

This doesn't change anything in the long run - we will need to perform a lot better in the big games throughout the second half of the season to win the fans back.

Also - Hayes at left back for the first twenty minutes with Shinnie and Consiquine on the pitch??????

Wasn't quite expecting the margin, but not many teams will be leaving Aberdeen with the points this season. Annoying particularly as in the last two games we've been well on top, conceded a goal, and ended up with a heavy defeat.

Ach f**k it, on to Motherwell...

Archived