The National Survey.

John Lambies Doos

I filled it in but didn't submit it when i realized I had to give my contact details which would result in a load of pro independence material which i'm not interested in getting. I would imagine many of those who voted no would be in the same position. As for the results it will be interesting only for the views of no voters who may be open to change.

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not getting published today as was suggested despite it being St. Andrews Day, might have something to do with latest opinion poll in the Times showing support for independence down to 44%!

Not being published today, never was scheduled for today, submissions not even closed today but carry on, whatever.

There are a number of drystane dykes marking estate boundaries in Scotland's mountains. Even up at 3000 feet or on impossibly steep slopes where there is no actual reason to mark the march of an estate or county.

It has been suggested that some of these were built as a way of keeping estate workers occupied and fit for work at times when the estate was quiet.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not getting published today as was suggested despite it being St. Andrews Day, might have something to do with latest opinion poll in the Times showing support for independence down to 44%!

That's good, I'll be quite happy if indyref2 waits until the effects of Brexit kick in.

There are a number of drystane dykes marking estate boundaries in Scotland's mountains. Even up at 3000 feet or on impossibly steep slopes where there is no actual reason to mark the march of an estate or county.

It has been suggested that some of these were built as a way of keeping estate workers occupied and fit for work at times when the estate was quiet.

Aye, there's a good few "famine" walls in the mountains. I'm 99% sure local workers/crofters built the wall on Beinn Dearg (Ullapool) in exchange for food.

Nearest one I can think of is the one running from the foot of Glas Maol over the top of Creag Leacach.

Archived