The Pie and Bovril Championship Best and Worst Posters - 2016

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Someone posted up a massive shite on the derby thread back in October/November. Andy asked if that was the Pars new signing, not long after Farid had joined them. :lol:

Hows that racist?

Btw anyone who puts pics of shite on the internet, deserves to have their wifi connection permanently disabled

Let's be honest here, if someone posts up a picture of a shite without any sort of context and a fan of a rival club - equally without real context - asks if the said toley is the club's new signing then how can it be fucking construed as racist?!

The fact that a Dunfermline fan even made the connection that a picture of an innocuous jobby equates to one of their own dark skinned players and then publicly accuses someone of inferring that this is their method of thinking, surely to f**k makes the accuser the racist one in this instance, given the complete lack of context or suggestion.

St Mirren

Best

Image result for St Mirren

Joint 1st Place - @Gareth_Glasgow and @djchapsticks

Sharing the accolade of best Saints poster are two #dece posters in the form of Gareth Glasgow and djchapsticks, each collecting 30.8% of the popular vote. Gareth Glasgow seemed the obvious choice by many of the P&B faithful, as he is one of the few St Mirren fans that isn't an absolute roaster. Read any St Mirren match thread and Gareth will provided a decent analysis of the game and in the QoS Match thread accepts relegation. As for djchapsticks he's a good c**t, even though he likes the wrestling (which by the way is for 8 year olds) he's still a cracking poster. Congrats lads on winning the award for the best St Mirren poster of 2016.

Joint 3rd Place - @Coventry Saint @BuddieInDundee @Stu @Div and @pandarilla

There was a bit of an awkward 5 way split for 2nd place. Funny as f**k that the "whore for praise" pandarilla is on this list, all posters received 7.7% of the vote.

Worst

C2fWz-nXgAEh3u-.jpg

1st Place - @shull

In the intense three-way dogfight of heads gone Saints posters, shull won out. Taking 34.1% of the unpopular vote, shull is the most depsised of the Destiny's Child trio of Pie and Bovril, the destiny in this instance is League One. As long as I've been posting on here, I've pretty much always known that shull was one of the worst posters on the forum outside of the OF (must just be a West Coast thing). One poster said "I get the impression that shull wears a denim jacket with the sleeves rolled up when he leaves the house. Really isn't bothered with the Internet bidness, yet seems to convey this by posting multiple times one after another replying to himself when no one else can be arsed with what he has to say." and he's not alone, congratulations shull on being voted the worst St Mirren poster for 2016.

2nd Place - @Lex

Not far behind shull is Lex taking 30.8% of the vote. What an absolute seething mess, as one Falkirk fan commented "  I hope he is still enjoying the Championship and will furnish us with a quote as to how much he is looking forward to League One and that he will actually enjoy that too."

3rd Place - @Div

Image result for st mirren falkirk

Bitegate didn't show the P&B owner Div in the best light, in fact 19.2% of you voted him worst St Mirren poster. It doesn't matter how much I insult him over this or any other cock-up's he's made, as I'm sure he can ease his sorrows when he's spending time in the hot tub in his winter home somewhere in the Swiss Alps, paid for by P&B's ad revenue. Congrats Div. 

Others Receiving votes - @govansaint @Bobby_F

Spoiler

I should also mention now there is an overall category that should be up tomorrow or Friday!

Delighted. I think I only made about 50 posts about St.Mirren last year on the forum. Everything else I post about is when I've broken the website.

3rd best, 3rd worst. I'll take that!

Let's be honest here, if someone posts up a picture of a shite without any sort of context and a fan of a rival club - equally without real context - asks if the said toley is the club's new signing then how can it be fucking construed as racist?!
The fact that a Dunfermline fan even made the connection that a picture of an innocuous jobby equates to one of their own dark skinned players and then publicly accuses someone of inferring that this is their method of thinking, surely to f**k makes the accuser the racist one in this instance, given the complete lack of context or suggestion.

You got yourself awful worked up there over something that no one could particularly remember very well.
The actual posts were

I know, for a while I wasn't sure whether or not they were posting pics of the Pars latest signing. Also a dead  wringer for their leading goal scorer from last season I thought.... Mind you that might just have been the poor lighting of the photo.

The bloke specifically said that Faissal (The Great) looked like a jobby, Andy even agreed at the time the post was racist.

If, as looks highly likely, the post did have racist undertones then obviously that is to be condemned.

Looking back Andy seemed to get a bit of a kicking because he seemed genuinely unhinged from the first page, spent the first part of the thread trying to gain the moral high ground with relation to our fairly poor financial record, before then trying to sweep over and disregard the racist comment, before then admitting it was probably racist.

The match thread was an absolute disaster. It was beautiful.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

You got yourself awful worked up there over something that no one could particularly remember very well.
The actual posts were

The bloke specifically said that Faissal (The Great) looked like a jobby, Andy even agreed at the time the post was racist.

Looking back Andy seemed to get a bit of a kicking because he seemed genuinely unhinged from the first page, spent the first part of the thread trying to gain the moral high ground with relation to our fairly poor financial record, before then trying to sweep over and disregard the racist comment, before then admitting it was probably racist.

It was basically decided that I was racist because I didn't instantly condemn the dodgy remark.

I doubt folk actually believe it but having made the schoolboy error of getting my knickers in a twist about it, the Pars fans were like fleas on shite.

Generally forgotten about until I got an alert for this thread and saw that The Messiah was still trying his hardest to make it stick.

f**k knows why he still finds that appropriate.

Anyway, I'm boring the will to live out of myself about it, never mind the rest of the members so hopefully we can draw a line under this silliness.

It seems to have been forgotten that a Pars fan posted up a screen shot of himself putting a complaint into HMRC about Rovers putting up dodgy away attendance figures or some such.

Absolutely fantastic for all the wrong reasons.

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The actual posts were

Ah okay that is defo racist. I thought you meant that poster said he was shite (as in playing ability)

As I have said, not the actions of a man keen to drop the issue, as he has so often said, especially given that when you delve back into that mess of a thread, you find out that the accusation is entirely justified.

Curious fellow.

5 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

As I have said, not the actions of a man keen to drop the issue, as he has so often said, especially given that when you delve back into that mess of a thread, you find out that the accusation is entirely justified.

Curious fellow.

Accusing someone of being racist when they haven't been racist is entirely justified?

Anyone looking back at the thread can see for themselves that you are a total weirdo.

Archived