Partick Thistle - everyone's favourite cuddly second team!?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf most of us don't view supporting the same team as lots of other people as being some kind of achievement. We also have the benefit that anyone through most of West Central Scotland who likes proscribed terrorist organisations or songs about famine and child abuse that might otherwise be shitting up Firhill already supports one of a couple of other Glasgow based teams that I could mention.

I mean I've accepted that we're in serious shit this season but I'm comfortable enough in my own skin not to be defined by my football team. Quite a warm, comfy feeling tbh

One of the great myths of Scottish football, perpetuated by b*****ds like Chick Young. 

The only expressions of 'support' from other fans in Scotland tend to come from taxi drivers in Glasgow. 'Ma da used tae lift us over the turnstiles at Firhill. Am a Rangers/Sellick man noo, but always got a soft spot for ra Jags' 

Fellow diddy supporters, particularly bumpkins from places like Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Greenock tend to have a bit of a chip on their shoulder towards us. They (laughably) think we get more media coverage than them due to the fact we're from the big city.

My granny never liked football but always used to say to me 'Celtic and Partick Thistle' when the discussion came up. Grandad used to do both too when he stayed in Glasgow as well.

*awaits grandparents getting slated on football forum.

So you decided to take it one step further and support 3 teams? Disgraceful.

Archived