The Alt-Right

jamamafegan

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/28/alt-right-online-poison-racist-bigot-sam-harris-milo-yiannopoulos-islamophobia?CMP=fb_gu

Has anyone been subjected to some Alt-Right agenda online? It's a thing that keeps appearing on my facebook news feed, namely because some pleb continues to share posts from that Milo Yiannopoulos. He (Milo) comes across as a horrible slime ball, a washed up failure from the UK who's doing his dirty work in the States. Anyone who refers to Donald Trump as "daddy" is a total wrong 'un in my book.

What does everyone here make of the "Alt-Right" and people like Milo?

It's a bit of a loose term to be honest that seems flung about wildly at present to describe anyone outside the traditional right leaning movements.

Although like others I find SJW's a tiresome bunch and think Sam Harris is a good fella, these types that are mad for Milo and spend their entire time in an anti feminist echo chamber are just as moronic as the SJW's they spend hours ranting about.

Kids rebelling and behaving in a way that's designed to shock society? Crazy stuff! They'll get older. Showpeople figuring out a way to gain fame and make money off appealing to stupid young people? Insane!

What % of people on the right define themselves as alt-right? 1-2%? Many people on the right have figured out that current orthodoxy is not working for them. They are looking for a few new solutions, but based off their starting premise which is generally conservative and patriotic. This happens from time to time. It's nothing extreme. Of course the left is going to respond logically and reasonably to their political opponents:rolleyes:.

The guy who wrote this article is a weak minded fool

8 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

You're right, he's a straight up Nazi.

His politics would fit in comfortably with Southern Democrats of the 50s and 60s. The real NSDAP was a whole world more organised, focused on race, blatant in its use of street violence and scary that Trump. 

You seem to have the real Nazis confused with a cartoonish version. 

11 hours ago, Deplorable said:

1-2%? Many people on the right have figured out that current orthodoxy is not working for them. They are looking for a few new solutions, but based off their starting premise which is generally conservative and patriotic. This happens from time to time. It's nothing extreme. Of course the left is going to respond logically and reasonably to their political opponents

The alt right victory rally where the gave it Heil Trump Heil Victory? Literally Sieg Heil. They are a loose coalitions of misfits and loners, but they gather round an ideology that is in many places explicitly misogynistic, racist, white supremacist and in its darker corners is actual neo nazism. That is the modern lazy imitation of the NSDAP rather than anything close to what Rohm and co had organised from the ex Freikorp.  

So, apparently this article is the work of an alt right troll from England called Godrey Elfwick. He has several mainstream media scalps His twitter bio reads: "Genderqueer Muslim atheist. Born white in the #WrongSkin. Itinerant jongleur. Xir, Xirs Xirself. Filters life through the lens of minority issues." He got on BBC radio awhile back to discuss how Star Wars is racist because the main villain is black.

12 hours ago, dorlomin said:

His politics would fit in comfortably with Southern Democrats of the 50s and 60s. The real NSDAP was a whole world more organised, focused on race, blatant in its use of street violence and scary that Trump. 

You seem to have the real Nazis confused with a cartoonish version. 

Is this what you really think.?

"It is very appropriate that from this cradle of the Confederacy, this very heart of the great Anglo-Saxon Southland, that today we sound the drum for freedom as have our generations of forebears before us time and again down through history. Let us rise to the call for freedom-loving blood that is in us and send our answer to the tyranny that clanks its chains upon the South. In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow and segregation forever." George Wallace

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wild." Robert Byrd.

"I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the southern people to break down segregation and admit the negro race into our theatres, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches." Strom Thurmond

Can you imagine Donald Trump ever thinking something along these lines, let alone saying them? Yes, I picked three more inflammatory quotes and there plenty of more reserved Southern Democrats, but I don't think Trump fits with them. Trump has made it clear that he's a civic nationalist and that he likes Americans of all types. In his campaign he's only ever had bad words for foreign countries and a couple times about foreign immigrants. That's a long, long stones throw from white supremacy in the Jim Crow Era South.

On 30/11/2016 at 08:51, Deplorable said:

So, apparently this article is the work of an alt right troll from England called Godrey Elfwick. He has several mainstream media scalps His twitter bio reads: "Genderqueer Muslim atheist. Born white in the #WrongSkin. Itinerant jongleur. Xir, Xirs Xirself. Filters life through the lens of minority issues." He got on BBC radio awhile back to discuss how Star Wars is racist because the main villain is black.

Godfrey Elfwick certainly isn't an 'alt-right' account. Its a hilarious parody account.

Some of 'his' work on Craig Considine is superb. He also wrote this gem, which was pounced upon enthusiastically by the 'white people are evil' types.

Archived