Elgin City v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

afca32

53 minutes ago, sophia said:

We're considering indulging ourselves with some evening cuisine before heading home on the late train.

Would anybody be in a position to recommend an establishment that cherishes great quality?

Drouthy Cobbler has the best pub grub in Elgin. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RossP said:

Drouthy Cobbler has the best pub grub in Elgin. 

I see their website is "under development".  Is this a metaphor for the general environ?

I was rather hoping for something that could be memorable.

Please help 

9 hours ago, sophia said:

I see their website is "under development".  Is this a metaphor for the general environ?

I was rather hoping for something that could be memorable.

Please help 

https://www.facebook.com/TheDrouthyCobbler/ - might be of more use. 

There's some decent Indian Restaurants in Elgin as well. 

11 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

As a City fan, I'd be worried that after beating ICT, they try and sign Shane and Soapy in order to regain their place in the top division after relegation.

I don't know why but I always liked Shane Sutherland when he played for us but a bit like Rory McAllister he's found his level around the bottom divisions.

Shane's finest moment for us was this match, where he scored one and set up another when we beat Celtic 3-2, a win that effectively cost them the league.

The highlights don't show it but he gave Izaguirre a monstering that day.  Sadly he didn't build really build on it and had two relatively uneventful seasons after that.

I always thought Shane Sutherland was a player who needed a good run and a bit of confidence up front.  Butcher always seemed to want to have either a striker and/or a big presence on one of the wings and Sutherland was totally wasted out wide.  This is often why we ended up playing the likes of Richie Foran, Ross Draper, Gregory Tade and Philip Roberts out wide.  Sutherland didn't have the pace or the skill to really flourish in that role and it was clear as day that he was out of position.

Even had we played him every week up front I'm not sure he'd have really cut it long term at this level but would he be any better than the likes of Boden and Doumbouya?  Well I doubt he'd be any worse!

2 hours ago, elginite said:

Decent amount of tickets sold and with pay at the gate could push a few hundred more in

Aye, the decent weather forecast and cheap(er) tickets should hopefully help. I know quite a few folk in Elgin that have been planning to just pay on the day, as there wasn't a huge risk of it selling out. Good chance quite a few folk have that same plan in mind. 

1 hour ago, RossP said:

Aye, the decent weather forecast and cheap(er) tickets should hopefully help. I know quite a few folk in Elgin that have been planning to just pay on the day, as there wasn't a huge risk of it selling out. Good chance quite a few folk have that same plan in mind. 

Aye i was surprised they never put the prices up but hey ho cant complain. I nyself bought a ticket because i thought they might be close to sell out on tickets so thought id be safer than sorry

There was covers down. City have already said this morning (to Northern Scot journalist) they are confident pitch will be fine come ko. 

Archived