Advertising Update

Just use an ad blocker folks. I'm all for using ads as a source of income, but when they render the site almost unusable for such a long period of time and the site owner consistently shows no sign of giving a f**k then they can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.

17 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Just use an ad blocker folks. I'm all for using ads as a source of income, but when they render the site almost unusable for such a long period of time and the site owner consistently shows no sign of giving a f**k then they can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers! That's worked a treat on my phone, I hadn't activated adblock plus!

As promised the floor ad has now been removed.

On 12/29/2018 at 13:11, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, Div can f**k off as far as I care now, ad block is the only option other than abandoning the site.

There are other options of course.

You could use the free App we provide which has no adverts, or you could contribute to the running costs of the site by paying 99p a month for a Platinum subscription.

Server resources for a site like this are not cheap. The ads pay for those. That's the long and short of it.

On 12/24/2018 at 19:16, Marshmallo said:

One of the most tragic posts I've seen on here in a long time.

You should be proud that of over 340,000 unique visitors you were the biggest wanker.

As promised the floor ad has now been removed.
There are other options of course.
You could use the free App we provide which has no adverts, or you could contribute to the running costs of the site by paying 99p a month for a Platinum subscription.
Server resources for a site like this are not cheap. The ads pay for those. That's the long and short of it.

Is it possible to sign up for platinum on the iOS app? I didn’t realise it was that cheap (inexpensive in the interests of clarity) to be honest.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Is it possible to sign up for platinum on the iOS app? I didn’t realise it was that cheap (inexpensive in the interests of clarity) to be honest.

There are no ads on the App so no subscription sign up available there. If you use the mobile version of the site on the browser you can sign up to platinum membership and that obviously keeps your forum free of ads on mobile and desktop as long as you are logged in :)

• 2 months later...