Advertising Update

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Genuinely appreciate the two greens on this given the time it now takes to scroll to the reputation vote button.

Trying to greenie this post also for the last 2 hours, no success yet. @Div will a solution be forthcoming or is this a case of "deal with it or pay for Platinum"?

Yip, sorry about that.

P&B will ALWAYS be free to use, and I'll never expect anyone to take out a platinum subscription purely because the ads are making the site unusable.

It's difficult to juggle the needs/wants of the advertisers versus those of the users at times, and sometimes it goes wrong.

Thankfully the guys who look after the ads are quick to respond and fix so if there are problems please do keep reporting them.

Ta!

• 4 months later...

There's a new ad unit at the bottom of the page that will run throughout December. Busiest time of year unsurprisingly.

Shouldn't be getting in the way of anything else, and there should be no pop-ups so if there are please let me know what the ad is and I will look into it.

All the testing I've done on the new unit have been absolutely fine. What's the issue?

3 hours ago, Div said:

There's a new ad unit at the bottom of the page that will run throughout December. Busiest time of year unsurprisingly.

Shouldn't be getting in the way of anything else, and there should be no pop-ups so if there are please let me know what the ad is and I will look into it.

All the testing I've done on the new unit have been absolutely fine. What's the issue?

The banners along the bottom cover up the new notifications link and are also just generally distracting. 

Iphone, mobile web.

Here's an example. There's a new one on every page, different advertisers. What makes them worse is they're animated, some go right round the screen before settling. Thankfully they can be clicked off once they stop animating. 

I'm using Chrome on a Samsung (android)

Maybe time to get the app right enough

Screenshot_20181201-005333_Chrome.jpg

Here's an example. There's a new one on every page, different advertisers. What makes them worse is they're animated, some go right round the screen before settling. Thankfully they can be clicked off once they stop animating. 
I'm using Chrome on a Samsung (android)
Maybe time to get the app right enough
Screenshot_20181201-005333_Chrome.thumb.jpg.229bc69c7029bbc08a5118e14d33af40.jpg
Duh

13 hours ago, Div said:

There's one that runs all the way round the screen and makes it unreadable. I'll try and take a screenshot but can't remember which one it is.