Advertising Update

On 2017-5-20 at 12:34, johnnydun said:

@Div Im getting this William hill banners, reducing screen size and with no way to 'x' off from it.

iphone, mobile site.

Edit; when you click on the menu button in the top right corner, the banners cover the notifications and mail icons.

image.png

Just coming to post about that myself.  Awful, just awful

The ads are becoming more frequent and intrusive. I totally understand the need for them but the full screen ads that pop up numerous times a day are making the site nearly impossible to use without being redirected to another site. The William Hill one particularly irritating. This is on mobile BTW. 

Div's on holiday with William Hills millions lads so you may need to suffer this for another week or so.

For those who use the mobile site can I ask out of interest why you don't just use the app?

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Div's on holiday with William Hills millions lads so you may need to suffer this for another week or so.

For those who use the mobile site can I ask out of interest why you don't just use the app?

I used to use the app but didn't like it for some reason, cant think for the life of me what I didn't like? Might give it another go and get back to you on this! 

Just tried it out again and I cant greenie or red dot posts unless I view the web option, thus becoming pointless. 

You can still like posts on the app. However if you are only on this site to give people reputation points then yes the app may not be for you.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

You can still like posts on the app. However if you are only on this site to give people reputation points then yes the app may not be for you.

Thats clearly not the only reason I use this site, I do like letting people know I agree or disagree with their posts without having to write about it.

Thats clearly not the only reason I use this site, I do like letting people know I agree or disagree with their posts without having to write about it.

No need to get defensive mate if you are concerned about dots that's up to you.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

No need to get defensive mate if you are concerned about dots that's up to you.

Im not getting defensive mate, your post read to me that you were implying that I was only here to dot accounts. Sorry if I read it out of context.

Im not getting defensive mate, your post read to me that you were implying that I was only here to dot accounts. Sorry if I read it out of context.

I'm just trying to wind you up mate.

Looks like I've been successful.

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Get this sorted ffs. The William Hill advert is a fucking ridiculous. It's appearing on almost every page with no option to close it. 

@Div

This! It has reappeared with a vengeance!

Using Mac + Safari

4 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Get this sorted ffs. The William Hill advert is fucking ridiculous. It's appearing on almost every page with no option to close it. 

Edit: iPhone, safari 

@Div

2 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

This! It has reappeared with a vengeance!

Using Mac + Safari

These.

iPhone & Safari.