Advertising Update

6 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

They are getting worse, more frequent and intrusive again.

The frequency hasn't changed in months.

The ad in the picture might be a shite ad but it's not intrusive.

By all means complain about the ads when they are causing a problem, but just carping about there BEING ads isn't helpful, and nor is it going to change.

41 minutes ago, Div said:

The frequency hasn't changed in months.

The ad in the picture might be a shite ad but it's not intrusive.

By all means complain about the ads when they are causing a problem, but just carping about there BEING ads isn't helpful, and nor is it going to change.

I can assure you the frequency has increased greatly over the past few days.

Will have a look at the full screen ads. That isn't what was posted above though. The static ads haven't changed.

At the end of the day if you don't want ads you can contribute to the running costs by opting out for less than 90p a month, or you can use the mobile app which is free and has no adverts.

4 minutes ago, Div said:

Will have a look at the full screen ads. That isn't what was posted above though. The static ads haven't changed.

At the end of the day if you don't want ads you can contribute to the running costs by opting out for less than 90p a month, or you can use the mobile app which is free and has no adverts.

Aye ok. Calm yersel. Was merely bringing it to your attention ya grumpy old c**t! 

19 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

The pop up ads on the mobile site are becoming really irritating.  Every time I load a new screen they appear.  

It's that William Hill one that comes up all the time.

It would be a bit more tolerable if the site was running fine otherwise, but it's been horrendous the past few days.

20 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It's that William Hill one that comes up all the time.

It would be a bit more tolerable if the site was running fine otherwise, but it's been horrendous the past few days.

Yeah the adverts are being a pain. Apologies for that, I will get them sorted. Have a call with the ad guys tomorrow morning.

In what way has the site been "horrendous" ?

11 hours ago, Div said:

Yeah the adverts are being a pain. Apologies for that, I will get them sorted. Have a call with the ad guys tomorrow morning.

In what way has the site been "horrendous" ?

I've had problems with both here and Black and White Army using Chrome the last few days. Sometimes just accessing the forum immediately crashes the browser and I have to reboot it. It's mainly those two sites it's happening with (although there's the odd other one like News Now) so could be related. It's pretty random whether it happens on here or not and it's fine with Firefox as well as with Chrome on my work PC so maybe it's an issue at my end.

EDIT: Whatever the issue was, it seems to have gone today :)

Edited by Stu

Quite often on Saturdays the site is down for an hour or two, usually around match time. Apart from that there's been lots of 502 errors recently and since the big update the mobile site goes through the motions quite regularly.

Trying not to moan too much as I appreciate a lot of effort probably goes into the site already.

Quite often on Saturdays the site is down for an hour or two, usually around match time. Apart from that there's been lots of 502 errors recently and since the big update the mobile site goes through the motions quite regularly.
Trying not to moan too much as I appreciate a lot of effort probably goes into the site already.

Yeh I'm getting this almost every Saturday for the last month or so. I used to just put it down to Div being in a huff because St Mirren got beat but with recent form I'm starting to think it's something else.

• 3 weeks later...

I know you don't decide on the ad's that companies put up Div, however there is one just now, I think its for a singer Asgeir? If someones reading over your shoulder and blurts out what your looking at....

"Hey man, you checking out Ass Gear?"

Edit;

And now this...

image.png

Edited by johnnydun

@Div Im getting this William hill banners, reducing screen size and with no way to 'x' off from it.

iphone, mobile site.

Edit; when you click on the menu button in the top right corner, the banners cover the notifications and mail icons.

image.png

Edited by johnnydun

22 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

@Div Im getting this William hill banners, reducing screen size and with no way to 'x' off from it.

iphone, mobile site.

image.png

Me too, total pain in the arse.

makes the site virtually unusable.