Motherwell v Celtic

Wasn't the game I was expecting tbf. 3 cracking goals from our point of view. Disappointing to concede in the manner we did, basically just standing off. It's not as if Rogic hasn't been pinging them in from that sort of area all season.

From where we were at half time and then taking it to 3-2 we should have been taking something from that.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I deserve a start for Motherwell, to be honest. Hopefully it's a live match with Crocker on the commentary.

'Disgusting elbow from Shabadoo there, not helped by his cock and balls being on show. Unbelievably Joey shares a birthday with Anthony Martial, Ross Barkley, Wee Dick, and Walt Disney, the daft racist.'

"What a goal there from Dee Man. A 30 yard screamer right into the top corner, it's just a pity it was into his own goal. Jeff Goldblum and Emmett 'Doc' Brown from Back To The Future (who he shares his birthday with) wouldn't have enjoyed that".

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

"What a goal there from Dee Man. A 30 yard screamer right into the top corner, it's just a pity it was into his own goal. Jeff Goldblum and Emmett 'Doc' Brown from Back To The Future (who he shares his birthday with) wouldn't have enjoyed that".

'That shot seemed to Fly in at 88 miles per hour.'

'Jurassic Park!'

alan-partridge-jurassic-park-o.gif

We could have defended some of the goals better especially the last one but to be honest I'm pure proud of my team this afternoon.

We shouldn't anywhere close to Celtic and they were very, very lucky today to get a win against a team with relatively minuscule resources. 

First half we were absolutely immense, if only MacLean, who had his best game in a Well jersey today, had taken a better first touch it could have been 3-0 at half time.  Moult and McDonald were superb.

We should have defended better at the start of the 2nd half, after we re-took the lead and the space we allowed Rogic when all we had to do was take a couple of steps forward and close him down was poor but we have a lot of players who haven't played at this standard before and I guess you just have to hope we learn from it.  Otherwise though I thought we defended reasonable well, McManus actually stood out today and I like Ben Heneghan a lot.  Samson really didn't have many real saves to make in the match despite the pressure we were under 2nd half.

I think we really deserved something from the game, we didn't get it, but the players can leave the park proud today.

55 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

"Connolly turned down a big money move to Russia - a move that would have pleased the late Senator John McCarthy, with whom he shared a birthday. Other leading world figures born on 14th November include Condoleeza Rice, HRH the Prince of Wales, the late King Hussein of Jordan, and Sharon from Eastenders."

1 hour ago, MJC said:

It doesn't matter who the opposition are, or how good or potentially good they are. That Celtic side was there for the taking today and their defence was at sixes and sevens, yet we did our usual second half no show act that we've done all season long and inevitably, against a side with Celtic's attacking quality we surrender a 2-0 lead. Then as if that wasn't bad enough we're gifted a third goal only to switch off straight away and concede and after that we were finished and it was only a matter of time before Celtic win it and they did.

We got exactly what we deserved today = nothing.

MJC please walk away from the club and moan about something, anything, else.

Hollywood movies, modern art, the standard of modern architecture or Council grass cutting techniques. We'll take the hit.

42 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

MJC please walk away from the club and moan about something, anything, else.

Hollywood movies, modern art, the standard of modern architecture or Council grass cutting techniques. We'll take the hit.

You know what? I am seriously contemplating doing just that. I've had a season ticket for over twenty years and I reckon this season will be my last. I honestly get no pleasure from watching Motherwell anymore and I'm scunnered watching the same old script, the same hard luck stories and bottle jobs resulting in crushing disappointment. You always hope in the back of your mind that some day it will be different but it never is and all you get is let down. 

You know what? I am seriously contemplating doing just that. I've had a season ticket for over twenty years and I reckon this season will be my last. I honestly get no pleasure from watching Motherwell anymore and I'm scunnered watching the same old script, the same hard luck stories and bottle jobs resulting in crushing disappointment. You always hope in the back of your mind that some day it will be different but it never is and all you get is let down. 

^^^

Real fan.

15 minutes ago, MJC said:

Fanny

3 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Who leaves the house in matching grey cotton top and bottoms?! Put some clothes on when you get out of bed!

Well, I was planning on wearing my Celtic tracksuit but I spilt some kebab sauce on it last night coming home from the dancin'.

A thoroughly enjoyable game today.  Some top finishing for the goals and credit to Motherwell for their efforts.  Superb second half from us.  The Cellic :wub:

Get yourself a half season book at Ibrox for your Christmas.

31 minutes ago, MJC said:

MJC in talking shite shocker. Just as well you were not born an East Stirling fan. Who would not have seen their team win a cup, play in 4 European competitions and finish 2nd in top flight a couple of times...

Promise all fellow Well fans if you give up your season ticket, that you will also disappear from these boards. There's free speech and then there is shite speech and you are an expert in the latter. 

It takes two teams to make a great game (and maybe some bad defending), a lot of credit to Motherwell today first goal was a peach great ball great finish,second goal what is toure and Gordon doing very poor thought Gordon should have dealt with that cross,for 70 minutes motherwell matched Celtic lasley,cadden,clay and maclean all brilliant performances but the last 20 minutes was all Celtic. 

Archived