Motherwell v Celtic

A trip to Fir Park for the lunchtime kick-off for the Champions. With the League Cup in the cabinet it's time to set about restoring our double figure lead at the top of the table.

Honestly can't see anybody beating us this season including Motherwell on Saturday. So long as we don't let complacency set in then we should be ok. Would like to see Griffiths get a good run out. Can't keep a goal machine on the bench, granted he was out injured but 2 mins at Hampden in a game we're coasting wasn't really sufficient so hopefully we see a bit more of him on Saturday.

Going for another 3-0 win. Keep the goals & the clean sheets coming.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hardly a bold claim but I can easily see Celtic going through this season unbeaten domestically. Motherwell 0 - 4 Celtic.

bkKvvzE9PEcTK.gif

Same here but then you know how it goes, sometimes you just can't see a defeat coming and then it hits you.

A horrible early afternoon on the cards here and it all depends on what mood Celtic are in because if they are right up for it and have their shooting boots on they could easily take seven off us at least as our midfield is powderpuff, our backline is rigid and the thought of us trying to contain Dembele, Sinclair & Griffiths is petrifying.

We won't lay a glove on them up the other end as McGhee will have us beat already and indeed we'll be lucky to cross the half way line never mind get a shot on target. No doubt we'll have somebody sent off into the bargain just to compound the misery.

9(nine)-0 Celtic.

It's not going to be 9-0, but aye, Celtic will win this comfortably should they make it to even third gear.  

They are a completely different team under Brendan Rodgers, and with the likelihood of Aberdeen/Hearts/Rangers taking points off each other in the race for 2nd, I could see Celtic winning the title in record time.  

Let's keep it at 2-0 and we'll all head up the road relatively content.  Merry fucking Christmas.  

Think as well as Griffiths getting a decent run out, we should also think about giving Christie or Henderson a game. Lots of games played already in the league, cup & Europe & Brendan isn't a man for changing his team too much, so time to rest some players, especially with so many games coming up in the next month.

There is quite a big contrast between Celtic's home and away form.  Not so much in winning because obviously they are undefeated but while they have been generally humping teams by 3, 4, 5, 6 at Celtic Park their away form has mainly been fairly narrow wins.

Out the last five away matches Celtic have drawn at Inverness and recorded 1-0 wins over Dundee, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

Personally I think this seasons team is one of the weaker ones we've fielded in the last 10 years or so, especially in central midfield were Lasley is getting long in the tooth and Clay is, well, not very good would the polite way to put it.  I also think we can get exposed down the sides at the full back positions.  Doesn't really bode well but it's hard to predict results as anyone who does coupons will know....

15 hours ago, Romeo said:

5869628a3b275e3fdb505888031458d8.jpg

Group of people who probably haven't been inside fir park in years converge outside Fir Park on a non-match day, after hosting an event in a pub in no way affiliated with the club, after they were told to bolt by the club when they tried to book the Cooper Suite. HTH.

for me motherwell have been the best team we have played at home this season in the league,yes Samson had a good game also lasley and cadden,clay is also a good player from what iv'e seen so expect a hard game on Saturday,mark McGee got his tactics spot on at paradise Celtic will need to be at your best to keep the invincible run going.  

for me motherwell have been the best team we have played at home this season in the league,yes Samson had a good game also lasley and cadden,clay is also a good player from what iv'e seen so expect a hard game on Saturday,mark McGee got his tactics spot on at paradise Celtic will need to be at your best to keep the invincible run going.  

Seriously? I'd say they have been the worst team to come to Celtic park this season. Maybe not in terms of scoreline but they were embarrassingly bad that day and didn't even attempt to get a result. Accepting defeat before kickoff and going out to keep the score down rather than trying to find a way to get a result is not spot on tactically as far as I'm concerned

Seriously? I'd say they have been the worst team to come to Celtic park this season. Maybe not in terms of scoreline but they were embarrassingly bad that day and didn't even attempt to get a result. Accepting defeat before kickoff and going out to keep the score down rather than trying to find a way to get a result is not spot on tactically as far as I'm concerned

What would you have done against a team with an astronomically superior budget?

Archived