Celtic January exit thread

His value is only going to rise and the club understands this, that's the point everyone seems to be missing. 

It's not though, there's a ceiling, and considering you can sign proven strikers for less than £10m, why would they gamble on him.

The only reason Celtic got him was the CL and the fact English clubs would have to pay absolute multiples what they did.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have they actually made public the person they are after ? £20 million sounds like it might be Griffiths, Demble would be nearer £30 million[emoji4]
Anyhoo both are under contract

Contracts mean nothing when richer clubs are interested.

£20m for Dembele is almost believable. Spurs were close to signing him for £8m a year ago and his double versus Man City in the CL on top of his performances for the French U21 side have raised his profile considerably. The new TV deal has inflated prices since Van Dijk and Wanyama were sold, so Celtic should be asking for more.

I reckon they will keep him until after next seasons CL qualifiers. If they crash out he will be punted ASAP.

47 minutes ago, Jake Burns said:

I doubt Celtic are paying him more than spurs would've. And of course Celtic are his stepping stone, that goes without saying, he would've have signed for Celtic for guaranteed 1st team football, and champions league football, to prove himself to bigger teams on a regular basis. He wouldn't be in the spurs team just now if he had went there. This is also the reason he's started almost every big game in front of griffiths, I'd imagine he was told that and signed with that understanding, "sign for us and you'll play every week, look how it worked out for wanyama, van dijk etc.

Whilst I don't completely agree with the naysayers I'm not sure that's true. Griffiths was starting until his injury and then Dembele shone in the Rangers game and became the immovable object thereafter. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, is it really believable that a struggling EPL will be offering only £6m for Defoe, a proven goalscorers, but almost three times that for someone who's never played at that level before, and who's championship record is 15 goals in 55 games?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, Contra said:

That and the fact he was a baw hair away from joining spurs in January. 

You're not willing to accept something which is clearly in front of you. Accept what the reality of the situation is and stop being so bitter 

Capture.PNG

Nobody here is bitter. You don't get to demand that people 'accept' things.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Nobody here is bitter. You don't get to demand that people 'accept' things.

However, I've to accept his point to the contrary? Nonsense. 

The guy's been repeatedly picking up fictional points that I haven't made and refused to accept where I've pointed him wrong in his posts. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not though, there's a ceiling, and considering you can sign proven strikers for less than £10m, why would they gamble on him.

The only reason Celtic got him was the CL and the fact English clubs would have to pay absolute multiples what they did.

Name me a 20 year old proven champions league striker you could sign for £10m. 

Tbf he's hardly champions league proven. A penalty, one that hit his shoulder and a sclaff. Should've done better in the game away to man city with a few of his chances too.

Proven? He's only played 6 games at that level, his goals per minutes in the CL is comparable to Kenny Miller in 2006/07.

Celtic fans needs to Simmer with all this "proven", "CL level striker" pish.

Well this season so far has been amazing. Celtic are playing amazing, 19 points clear with a game in hand, unbeaten in the league and the cup, skelping the zombies three times and financially going to dominate Scotland for the next 10 / 20 years.

Dembele is still under contract and loving his football under Rodgers, we have had all the top teams across Europe sending scouts to watch him in the league and the champions league, including Dortmund, Real madrid & the likes of Liverpool etc. He is being lined up as a potential future hit and they all want him at a cut price.
Chris Davies has came out this morning and said the player is very happy and that the £20 mill is definitely well below his valuation.

He will go for big money at some point and Celtic will get at least £20-30 million for him.

Mind the gap  HH

The pros and cons of moussa dembele he is not the finished article but has so much potential, for me this is what put a lot of English clubs off they don't have time for potential,Celtic took advantage of that and now reaping the rewards whatever price he goes for plus Leigh Griffiths would help him pack:),Arsene wenger is usually the expert on french players down south but not heard a peep from him but then zinedine zidane seems to have an interest in dembele maybe because benzema is coming to the end of his career (2+2=5)all in it's a win win for Celtic,Celtic have the ball at their feet English clubs don't know what they're doing :lol::lol:

12 hours ago, Jake Burns said:

I think he may interest a club like PSG, what with him being French and doing so well for their U21's plus Zidane has basically been fellating him in the press every chance he gets so Real may be interested once their ban is up.

tumblr_nf7u6dC7OS1u0q829o1_400.gif

Archived