Celtic January exit thread

18 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Ciftci is a classic example of Celtic signing a good player and letting him rot in the reserves. Mental.

Ciftci is the classic example of diddy teams definition of good and our definition of good.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to argue with you again over fanbase. I'll say this, as an Aberdonian Aberdeen fan, I think I know more than you about the mindset of the average punter on the street in Aberdeen. 

If Celtic really wanted a competitive league they'd vote for even distribution of European cash, tv money and gate receipts. Obviously that's not going to happen. Why would a turkey vote for the festive period? 

C'mon the TV deal isn't the big a deal in Scottish football. You have finished 2nd for 2yrs running as well as having a cup run and the prize money that goes with that. By the same token, look at how much money you have gained compared to The Rangers and yet the gap isn't that big between the sides despite them having 4yrs without this apparent lucrative TV money that you reckon makes a big difference. This is with them not having a good merchandise deal either and self-destructing as a club. So again, the prime example is the fans making a big difference.

Again though, you back up my point that you don't want to actually do something about it yourself, you want to be rewarded just for existing as opposed to trying to better your situation.

IMG_1480428568.558119.thumb.jpg.f2333cf7IMG_1480428602.333791.thumb.jpg.b8c99efb

2 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

C'mon the TV deal isn't the big a deal in Scottish football. You have finished 2nd for 2yrs running as well as having a cup run and the prize money that goes with that. By the same token, look at how much money you have gained compared to The Rangers and yet the gap isn't that big between the sides despite them having 4yrs without this apparent lucrative TV money that you reckon makes a big difference. This is with them not having a good merchandise deal either and self-destructing as a club. So again, the prime example is the fans making a big difference.

Again though, you back up my point that you don't want to actually do something about it yourself, you want to be rewarded just for existing as opposed to trying to better your situation.

You can't magic people out of thin air.

Of course you can't & I'm not expecting a magic wand to get waved but I think the fans could do more to entice people to come along but more importantly the club should be doing a lot more.

I'm reading Stewart Milne saying how your new stadium will be vital to your progress but I can't see why given the capacity is pretty much as you are just now, especially when they can't fill their current stadium despite being in their best period in these past 2-3 seasons than they have for the previous 19/20 years.. Sure it might help a bit especially with the new training complex but I can't imagine it pushing Aberdeen on a great deal but I hope I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

You do for cup finals. 

Well for one you did anyway. Still canny believe you lot couldn't sell out your allocation for Sunday. 

GMS was rumoured among fans to be joining County on loan in Jan 16. That obviously didn't happen.

He was heavily linked to a loan move through the summer and, I think, Scott Burns had him being very close to signing. That didn't happen either.

I wonder if the deal will be resurrected. Maybe he sees his pal Stuart Armstrong getting into the first team and doing well, but hopefully he will be more concerned about getting regular football.

You do for cup finals. 

Well for one you did anyway. Still canny believe you lot couldn't sell out your allocation for Sunday. 

Another one who fails to grasp the concept of fans of a club who go every week and fans that only make an effort for 'big'games. This is not unique to Aberdeen.

We all do to be fair. Celtic usually have a full or near full house when Johnny Foreigner arrives but don't normally. I'm not sure that I understand the difference.

In fairness, our crowds are usually always pretty good around the 45,000-55,000 mark unless the fans feel like they are getting the urine extracted by the boards penny pinching like they did when they appointed Deila & got in several loan players to bloat the squad, in which case a lot stay away but many of them purchased their ST's & still didn't turn up.

Don't get me wrong, they do my head in too. Noticed a right few idiots sitting about me these days who seem to have 'returned' to the fold. Wish they'd f**k off again.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Another one who fails to grasp the concept of fans of a club who go every week and fans that only make an effort for 'big'games. This is not unique to Aberdeen.

I do get it. 

But you're basically saying Aberdeen don't have the fans to compete with Celtic. You clearly do when you think you'll win. 

Maybe be if you actually tried to challenge us fans would go to games 

I do get it. 

But you're basically saying Aberdeen don't have the fans to compete with Celtic. You clearly do when you think you'll win. 

Maybe be if you actually tried to challenge us fans would go to games 

Ahh if only we tried.

Right, what's dereks number I need to pass this on.

If all the fans who were in Seville turned up every week and Celtic had a 100k stadium (if they showed any fucking ambition) they could compete with the best in Europe and not continue to embarrass Scotland with their failure in the Champions League.
Do you hear how idiotic that is.

If all the fans who were in Seville turned up every week and Celtic had a 100k stadium (if they showed any fucking ambition) they could compete with the best in Europe and not continue to embarrass Scotland with their failure in the Champions League.

Maybe if they tried in Europe it would happen

Seville was a moment when thousands of Celtic fans from across the globe went for a European final. The amount of Celtic fans I met from America, Scandinavia etc was unreal. Just as I wouldn't expect Aberdeen fans who live that far away to be at Pittodrie every week, I don't expect Celtic fans to do it either. I get they will make the effort for a big game.

However, lets not pretend that your cup final fans were all flying in from around the globe. Maybe in their 10's or low hundreds but not in their thousands. Most were Scottish based fans. I'd expect any Scottish based Celtic fan who acts like a die-hard in the big games, to make the effort for all home games.

2 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Seville was a moment when thousands of Celtic fans from across the globe went for a European final. The amount of Celtic fans I met from America, Scandinavia etc was unreal. Just as I wouldn't expect Aberdeen fans who live that far away to be at Pittodrie every week, I don't expect Celtic fans to do it either. I get they will make the effort for a big game.

However, lets not pretend that your cup final fans were all flying in from around the globe. Maybe in their 10's or low hundreds but not in their thousands. Most were Scottish based fans. I'd expect any Scottish based Celtic fan who acts like a die-hard in the big games, to make the effort for all home games.

Yes but they don't, do they

Archived