Celtic January exit thread

Cant see us signing anyone due to now being out of Europe, although we did have an american midfielder as a guest at the Barca game.

Hopefully Efe will be away. I thought Mackay-Steven would also be a cert but surprisingly he was on the bench for the league cup final,looks to have bulked up a bit as well.

O'Connell is going on loan to Kilmarnock apparently. 

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

no doubt you'll sign every half decent player from every other team in the league so they can play for the development squad and occasionally sit on the bench for a friendly

Bigger teams buys players from smaller teams, shocker eh?

Hopefully Boyata is sold. I like big Efe but we can do without him too. Commons is another who still has something to offer the game but not at Celtic. Hopefully he gets a game at Paradise to say his farewell to the fans.

I think we'll have a few players going out on loan & I wouldn't be surprised if we don't look towards GMS, Christie & Henderson. Maybe not all of them but I think that's who they want to keep but get experience. O'Connell is expected to go on loan to Killie like you say. Strange one as he didn't put a foot wrong before our defensive injuries cleared up. Will be a good signing for Killie.

Would like to think Rodgers will look to get a good signing in for the first team ready to be settled for the CL campaign next season. Gordon is pretty decent but if we look at our team & where we need strengthening then the GK is that spot.

Bailly Boyata Ambrose O'Connell Henderson Christie Mackay-Steven Ciftci Commons Fasan should all leave in the next couple of windows, doubt we'll move them all on in January. 

If, like Rodgers wants, we a midfielder(s) in then Bitton could probably move on as well. 

Jesus Christ we really do waste some amount of money on dross. 

6 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Who are we in for this January? 

Commons and Henderson supposedly. 

Think Hibs fans will be in for a shock if they get Commons though. He really is done. 

I'd like to see us be ambitious and pay the money for Henderson. The lads had talent and it's got to be seen as an investment. Plus he's Scottish Cup winning *** slayer so give him whatever wage he wants. 

If we got Hendo I don't think we'd need Commons tbh, we're well covered in midfield as it is.

Bailly Boyata Ambrose O'Connell Henderson Christie Mackay-Steven Ciftci Commons Fasan should all leave in the next couple of windows, doubt we'll move them all on in January. 

If, like Rodgers wants, we a midfielder(s) in then Bitton could probably move on as well. 

Jesus Christ we really do waste some amount of money on dross. 

Oooft, forgot about Ciftci too. HeMs another who can go. When the fans of other clubs moan about us signing their players they forget about the ones like this who cost us a few quid and end up being duds. Fleeced.

Commons and Henderson supposedly. 

Think Hibs fans will be in for a shock if they get Commons though. He really is done. 

Rodgers said he is training well & would be ready to play for another team. Sure he was our best player away to Molde last season in the EL, so I don't think he'll have fallen that much that he couldn't shine in the Championship.

Oooft, forgot about Ciftci too. HeMs another who can go. When the fans of other clubs moan about us signing their players they forget about the ones like this who cost us a few quid and end up being duds. Fleeced.

Ciftci is a classic example of Celtic signing a good player and letting him rot in the reserves. Mental.

Ambrose, Boyata, Commons, GMS and Ciftci are all free to leave on my opinion. 

On a positive note, if we've to take a footballer's word as Gospel, is Dembele mentioned in an interview with French television that he's happy at Celtic and in no rush to leave. 

Archived