Arbroath vs Edinburgh City

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCord definitely not the guy to drop, one of our best players and I would say that if anything his range of passing actually helps speed things up. That good. Might not be the quickest but he's class.

Thinking more someone to play on Kaders side, I like Kader and he does a job but if Linns not upto much like yesterday we've not really got anyone else to do what he does. Callaghan is a good player but he's not really a winger for me. Malin coming on at RM sort of sums it up he's a central player. Think another wide player with pace is a must

Skellys similar but can't play there.

also regarding young managers we played our best football ever under a young player manager sheering as did east fife under naysmith just a thought

Cowdenbeath are doing really well under a young manager this season, as did East Stirlingshire last term.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He never threw Linn under a bus.

Incredible thing to say

In his post match interview he basically said Bobby got a knock in the first minute and from then on was a shadow of himself, insinuating he wasn't up for it/ wanting giving it his all. Accusing one of your own players in the public domain of not giving it 100% is a fairly out there comment in my opinion, up there with blaming strikers for missing non existent 'sitters'.

As I said before - I think a lot of the comments post match regarding Dick are rather over the top. Ultimately there are more positives than negatives to having Dick in charge, in my opinion, however it is very frustrating at times when baffling decisions are made. However, the positives and negatives of Dick were known long before he was appointed as our manager, and surely we all knew what to expect?

Dick Campbell will be in charge for the full season, unless we did something outrageous like slip down into 7th/ 8th, which will never happen in my opinion. This being the case, I don't see much point in discussing/ comparing him to other managers that hypothetically could be in charge, as it's never going to happen. Dick is here until May. However, it's perfectly understandable that people are frustrated with certain decisions he has made, and continues to make most weeks.

Not about anything other than the individual really without stating the obvious everyone is different.

Just because Scotland were so shite under Berti doesn't mean we shouldn't get a foreign manager. Just because Lumsden was shite doesn't mean we shouldn't get another young guy. Because someone is over the age of 50 doesn't mean they're a dinosaur, just look at Kris Boyds column today. ;)

In his post match interview he basically said Bobby got a knock in the first minute and from then on was a shadow of himself, insinuating he wasn't up for it/ wanting giving it his all. Accusing one of your own players in the public domain of not giving it 100% is a fairly out there comment in my opinion, up there with blaming strikers for missing non existent 'sitters'.

As I said before - I think a lot of the comments post match regarding Dick are rather over the top. Ultimately there are more positives than negatives to having Dick in charge, in my opinion, however it is very frustrating at times when baffling decisions are made. However, the positives and negatives of Dick were known long before he was appointed as our manager, and surely we all knew what to expect?

Dick Campbell will be in charge for the full season, unless we did something outrageous like slip down into 7th/ 8th, which will never happen in my opinion. This being the case, I don't see much point in discussing/ comparing him to other managers that hypothetically could be in charge, as it's never going to happen. Dick is here until May. However, it's perfectly understandable that people are frustrated with certain decisions he has made, and continues to make most weeks.

He said they all weren't up for it. Go ask Bobby if he feels like he was thrown under a bus

Bobby was a shadow of himself, and being one of our best players and usually best performers he was a good example of how yesterday went

DC is to blame at times but sometimes it really is just as simple as the players not doing it on the pitch. Which happens to every team in the world from time to time. Really struggling to see these baffling decisions too, being the best team in the league over the past 6 games suggests they're maybe not as baffling as you think ;)

Not one good performance from anyone yesterday, surely you would agree?

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He said they all weren't up for it.

Not one good performance from anyone yesterday, surely you would agree?

Bobby Linn was the only player he singled out by name, and he essentially accused him of not giving 100% and not being up for it. There is no way you can disagree with that, watch Dick's interview again and listen to the words coming out of his mouth!

Completely agree no-one played well yesterday. That being the case, why signal out an individual player for criticism? Completely unnecessary thing to do, and not the first time he has done this.

Regarding taking Doris off - in my opinion we have several different types of striker at the club. Doris is our best target man/ back to goal striker by a mile, and with Prunty/ Skelly upfront we didn't have anyone to hold it up. In a situation like yesterday I would never be looking to take him off unless he was having an absolute mare or struggling with a knock, and I didn't think either were applicable yesterday.

Like I said Bobby is usually our best player and performer, the fact he was a shadow of himself summed the whole day up. Go ask Bobby Simon, see if he feels like he's been 'thrown under a bus' [emoji1360]

Doris had done nothing and when you're needing a goal changing a striker who has done nothing for another striker is hardly a 'baffling decision'.

Simon keeps saying that he thinks we have the best players in this league, that may be true but we don't have the best team. EC looked more like a team at the top end of the league than we did. They played to a plan and neither DC nor the players could figure out how to beat that plan. It was fairly obvious that EC would defend in numbers and at times their entire eleven were in their own penalty box, yet they managed to get players forward quickly when they had possession and in See have a player who has pace and power and can take a chance when he gets one. I thought we looked a bit sluggish in comparison the the EC players but that was maybe because we didn't do the basics like controlling the ball and passing the ball well.

I thought that our tactics would have changed in the second half but sadly nothing changed. We really need to be winning at least our home games against teams in the bottom half of the league to keep up our challenge for promotion. Some big games coming up and the players need to get yesterday's out of their system and be keen to show that it was a one off.

2 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

the tactics dont change mate because of dc inability to first of all pick the right team . secondly stop picking his favs within that starting eleven good or bad they will start. and also his subs that he makes have cost us points ie stirling

Go back the six seasons before last and words like these were being used by many Loons fans. Those of us who warned Arbroath supporters were accused of sour grapes but the truth is now there to see...... We told you so.

Dick is a good manager, and an incredible guy, but has his limitations and they are becoming more obvious as the game, and in particular managerial techniques, evolve. You could use an analogy like "the  T-Rex is still a magnificent beast but is a piece of natural history."

Just saying.....

Go back the six seasons before last and words like these were being used by many Loons fans. Those of us who warned Arbroath supporters were accused of sour grapes but the truth is now there to see...... We told you so.

Dick is a good manager, and a tap boi, but has his limitations and they are becoming more obvious as the game, and in particular managerial techniques, evolve. You could use an analogy like "the  T-Rex is still a magnificent beast but is a piece of natural history."

Just saying.....

Except none of these things have actually happened

Look at all the teams picked by fans before the game, everybody had atleast the same 10 out of 11

The so called favourites that play regardless of how good or bad they are are supposedly Scott/Linn/McCord and Whatley. Some of our best players, who on the whole have contributed a f**k load

And the subbies aren't baffling at all. Simon saying subbing a striker that has done nothing, for another one, when we were needing a goal, is baffling, sums it up. BigLichtie saying the subs coming on v Stirling cost us the game, I'm not sure if you have seen the equaliser but it was unstoppable and you certainly can't blame the guys that came on for it

DC has been at fault through the season, like every other football manager

But the over analysis and over exaggerating of minor details is incredibly tiresome and petty

Summed up by Simon saying 'I'm not the managers biggest fan' and 'he's atleast here until May'. A small minority of the support still have a chip on their shoulder about the guy from his Forfar days. Which makes for some incredibly frustrating reading on here.

Pre Moore I can't remember the fans being so petty and tedious about everything but here we are now. Hopefully it doesn't continue after DC goes, whenever that may be, hopefully he's here a lot longer than just May anyway. We could do with a steady experienced TapBoi for a couple of years.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Summed up by Simon saying 'I'm not the managers biggest fan' and 'he's atleast here until May'. A small minority of the support still have a chip on their shoulder about the guy from his Forfar days. Which makes for some incredibly frustrating reading on here.

You've either missed my point entirely, or purposely taken that outrageously out of context :lol::lol::lol: 

57 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

But the over analysis and over exaggerating of minor details is incredibly tiresome and petty

Thing is posts like this are exactly what I'm on about. Some Loons never took to him, probably because of his Brechin past. When all is said and done he got us promotion early on (that play off against you guys up here being one of the more memorable games during his reign) and the beating of Rangers and the pumping of Dunfermline in the home leg of the playoff still couldn't endear him to a fair few Loons.

Dick will do a job for you but will never be universally liked and his tactics, decisions and team choices will infuriate everyone at some points. 

Oh, and we did tell you so.

Archived