"Fake News"

Zetterlund

8 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Its incredibly scary when you click through the links and realise what these rich roasters are up too.

Is this the real cause of Brexit and Trumpet. It would appear highly possible as the use of bots has been almost exclusively by the alt right so far.

Political bots posing as real individuals, targeting social media users with a view to brainwashing. All this intervention enabled by collated datasets from peoples internet usage, allowing the algorithm to work out what is going to influence and form a persons opinion. The bot then just drops the target phrase into the conversation.

Ordinary folk are not gonna have a chance. It is 1984.

Which users on P&B are real and who are really bots:huh:.

I would have suggested the alt right Bishop Briggs or McSpreader but they would be pish bots cause they turn opinion the other way.:thumsup2

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

I would have suggested the alt right Bishop Briggs or McSpreader but they would be pish bots cause they turn opinion the other way.:thumsup2

^ Alt right?

Just because I supported Brexit like 2 in 5 of SNP voters?

What a sad and thick wee tosser!

Go back to the bog wi' yer Kleenex.

:lol:

52 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Its incredibly scary when you click through the links and realise what these rich roasters are up too.

Is this the real cause of Brexit and Trumpet. It would appear highly possible as the use of bots has been almost exclusively by the alt right so far.

Political bots posing as real individuals, targeting social media users with a view to brainwashing. All this intervention enabled by collated datasets from peoples internet usage, allowing the algorithm to work out what is going to influence and form a persons opinion. The bot then just drops the target phrase into the conversation.

Ordinary folk are not gonna have a chance. It is 1984.

I'm a bot and so's my wife.

12 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I replied to this not long after it was posted with a very brief "Frightening" comment. It has now disappeared. Frightening indeed.. I'm taking a hard copy of the Guardian article before it

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I replied to this not long after it was posted with a very brief "Frightening" comment. It has now disappeared. Frightening indeed.. I'm taking a hard copy of the Guardian article before it

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Breathe easy man. It was posted in two threads 

jagbot99 :)

Archived