Historic child abuse in football

Miguel Sanchez

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2016 at 00:51, The_Kincardine said:

These things are tragic and those who abuse weans should face the full weight of the law.  This is all I'll say on the subject.

On 11/26/2016 at 03:03, Christophe said:

Cheers for gracing us with your completely obvious yet passive aggressive comment on the matter (you can almost taste the smarm in the final sentence) you absolute tit.

Fully agree.

This is all I'll say on the subject.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

• 5 months later...
On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 03:28, The_Kincardine said:

Torbett's back in court

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43655108

The timeline on this will be interesting.

Torbett sent to gaol (again), thankfully:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44613935

Tragedy all round.  

I understand that Torbett (1) was pretty-much unavoidable.  The guy is clearly an abusive snake and it's pretty-much impossible to spot these fuckers.
I am also tolerant to the 'sweep it under the carpet' approach wrt Torbett (1).  Different times and different attitudes.  Not good but (mildly) understandable.
Torbett (2) and today's conviction?  Absolutely incendiary.  Imagine inviting 'him' back.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Torbett sent to gaol (again), thankfully:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44613935

Tragedy all round.  

I understand that Torbett (1) was pretty-much unavoidable.  The guy is clearly an abusive snake and it's pretty-much impossible to spot these fuckers.
I am also tolerant to the 'sweep it under the carpet' approach wrt Torbett (1).  Different times and different attitudes.  Not good but (mildly) understandable.
Torbett (2) and today's conviction?  Absolutely incendiary.  Imagine inviting 'him' back.

You see the subject of child abuse as fit for humour on Follow Follow 

Why not here?

11 minutes ago, Bandstand said:

You see the subject of child abuse as fit for humour on Follow Follow 

Why not here?

My ID on FF is the same as on here for a reason:  I have nothing to hide and my attitude is the same on both boards.

That Torbett (2) is incendiary for the club involved is a given.  That one has to be circumspect about discussing it is tragic.

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

My ID on FF is the same as on here for a reason:  I have nothing to hide and my attitude is the same on both boards.

That Torbett (2) is incendiary for the club involved is a given.  That one has to be circumspect about discussing it is tragic.

On Follow Follow you find paedophilia a fit subject for humour

Screenshot_20180808-143604_Chrome.thumb.jpg.56b63c92287605a4796654e58410585c.jpg

Do you honestly find it tragic that you you have to be circumspect about joking about it here?

23 minutes ago, Bandstand said:

On Follow Follow you find paedophilia a fit subject for humour

Screenshot_20180808-143604_Chrome.thumb.jpg.56b63c92287605a4796654e58410585c.jpg

Do you honestly find it tragic that you you have to be circumspect about joking about it here?

You have quoted this before and I have stated my position quite clearly.  That you persist is to your chagrin.

Let me be more explicit wrt the topic on hand.  I have also posted this on FF.  You will know this as it is clearly your favourite site:

1. If you have a coach in your club who sexually abuses your young players then you are unfortunate. These snakes are hard to detect at first and the guilt is on the perpetrator.
2. If you invite a known paedophile back in to your club and he, again, abuses young boys then your club is very much at fault and deserves all the opprobrium it gets.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Kincardine your mask has slipped waaay  too many times on here, I suggest you f*ck back off to you where you are accepted as the drunken paedo-obsessed bigot that you are

And there's yer ad hominem shite already.

Your club are fine with Torbett (1) - no questions to answer.  Torbett (2)?  That really should be mortifying.  As I said a few months ago, "The timeline on this will be interesting." and said timeline has shown your club to have some complicity in Torbett's crimes.

Only an absolute fool can't see Celtic as enablers here.

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You have quoted this before and I have stated my position quite clearly.  That you persist is to your chagrin.

Let me be more explicit wrt the topic on hand.  I have also posted this on FF.  You will know this as it is clearly your favourite site:

1. If you have a coach in your club who sexually abuses your young players then you are unfortunate. These snakes are hard to detect at first and the guilt is on the perpetrator.
2. If you invite a known paedophile back in to your club and he, again, abuses young boys then your club is very much at fault and deserves all the opprobrium it gets.

Its to my "chagrin" that I dont believe you that you were actually praising catholic schools for giving students a grounding in the classics and not poking fun at paedophilia to get a laugh out of your fellow h*uns?

3 minutes ago, Bandstand said:

Its to my "chagrin" that I dont believe you that you were actually praising catholic schools for giving students a grounding in the classics and not poking fun at paedophilia to get a laugh out of your fellow h*uns?

I know you're trying to avoid the main issue of this thread - that today's conviction of Torbett has made Celtic complicit in his crimes - but please don't use religiously pejorative terms - even if they're encouraged here.  I don't.  Nor should you.

37 minutes ago, Bandstand said:

Btw he might report you 9 times in 30-odd minutes for using *** :lol:

From reading the details it seems that Celtic FC and Celtic Boys Club both reacted the way many organisations, including a lot of football clubs, did to claims and allegations of this type in years gone by. Really sad case, good news that Torbett is in prison, although a longer sentence wouldn’t have gone amiss.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know you're trying to avoid the main issue of this thread - that today's conviction of Torbett has made Celtic complicit in his crimes - but please don't use religiously pejorative terms - even if they're encouraged here.  I don't.  Nor should you.

U ok ***? xx

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You and your fellow h*uns laugh openly about paedophilia so don't act like its something that really bothers you

And were the English journalists that first referred to you as h*uns for rampaging through Birmingham and Newcastle having a go at your fellow orcs religion?

Is that really your position?

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

From reading the details it seems that Celtic FC and Celtic Boys Club both reacted the way many organisations, including a lot of football clubs, did to claims and allegations of this type in years gone by. Really sad case, good news that Torbett is in prison, although a longer sentence wouldn’t have gone amiss.

they rehired the guy after being convicted the first time, thats despicable whoever made that call.

there wouldnt have been another trial if whoever it was decided to let him back in the door to work with children. sickos