Most talented band

Mr Sugden

On 15/01/2018 at 14:55, Kejan said:

Toto - they are all superb musicians.

This is probably the right answer to be fair, every one of them was the top man in their field in L.A at the time. If you listen to some of the isolated track stuff out there on YouTube it's just fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2016 at 08:55, ICTJohnboy said:

Fairport Convention (with Richard Thompson & Sandy Denny)

Love the interplay on A Sailors Life - after all these years have just started listening to them.  Fascinating bit on Sandy Denny a wee while ago in Classic Rock mag - that sparked my interest in giving them a listen.

20 hours ago, Moonglum25 said:

Love the interplay on A Sailors Life - after all these years have just started listening to them.  Fascinating bit on Sandy Denny a wee while ago in Classic Rock mag - that sparked my interest in giving them a listen.

Interesting documentary here, outlining the band's history from their formation in 1967 to the present day. Some great music clips on this!

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2018 at 23:15, cdisaaccie said:

Older bands - Toto
Newer bands - Alter Bridge

I was coming on to suggest Alter Bridge.  Then when you add Myles Kennedy's voice to the equation....

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t get them at all. I don’t get the mean and moody thing, and I don’t get the lack of a melody.

They are an acquired taste, I'll grant you but all four of them are seriously good musicians. I'm just glad that there are still kids out there willing to get up a make a fucking racket.  

Another call out for RUSH! 3 guys at the top of their game. Even folks that don't like them (I don't get it but hey, it is all subjective) tend to admit to the quality of their musicianship. 

Live they were unbelievable, everything you heard was coming from those 3 guys, no backstage shenanigans. I still have no idea how they did it.

A shout out for a more obscure act SPOCK'S BEARD. All first class players. I saw them down in London one time and for the encore they all came back onstage but had switched instruments. No one was on what they normally play. They played some Deep Purple (and something else which escapes me at the moment) and if I hadn't known that they had switched around I would never have guessed. It was bloody spot on! They also used to occasionaly do this thing with the 2 brothers in the band playing the same acoustic guitar, one doing lead, one rhythm, then they would start swopping round until at points that as one strummed rhythm they would be doing lead on the fretboard whilst the other did it the other way around. They would then keep switching between each other. I was mesmorized watching them. Really great band.